Thursday, September 17, 2026

It's a beautiful day...

Hi there!    

Do you remember these two furry friends from the Frosty Winter Wishes collection at Purple Onion Designs? This stamp is called, Flappy and Tofu Snowflake Fun and in the original image they are happily catching snowflakes but I thought they would be just as cute watching the leaves fall. To make that happen I inked them up, then used a baby wipe to remove the ink from the snowflakes and Flappy's outstretched tongue before stamping. I then grabbed the Tofu and Friends Autumn Greetings stamp and inked up just the leaves, stamping them above and below Flappy and Tofu. As I was looking through my collection of background stamps the Holiday Brownstone caught my eye. An urban setting on a Fall card felt like a nice change of pace so after masking off the characters, I inked it up and wiped the Christmas tree out of the window before stamping. I colored a sidewalk beneath them and I can picture the tree standing just off screen with its canopy full of brightly colored leaves. The sentiment was stamped on a scrap piece of card stock and I popped it up with foam tape for a bit of lift. It's always so fun transforming stamps from my stash and making them work outside of their original themes.  :)

Have a great day!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink
stamps- Purple Onion Designs (Flappy and Tofu Snowflake Fun,
Tofu and Friends Autumn Greetings, Holiday Brownstone and sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa

Mama Elephant stitched deckle die

Copic markers:

dog/clothes- E40, E41, E42, E43, E33, E35, W4, W5, W6, W8, R000, R30, T5, T7, T10/Y11, Y21, Y26, E55, E57, E59
cat/clothes- E40, E41, E42, E43, YR30, YR21, YR14, YR27, R000, R30, E04/YG93, YG95, YG97

leaves- Y11, Y35, YR07, E15, E18
sidewalk/road- W2, W3, W4/T5, T7

brownstone- E13, E15, E37, BG0000, BG000, BG72, 0, E40, E41, W3, C4, C5, C9, Y02, YR23, E47

 

0 comments: