Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's a Tom Boy Pinkette hop!

Edited to add: It looks like there was a last minute decision to postpone the hop to tomorrow, so you can play along on everyone else's blogs then...

Hello stamping peeps!

Are you ready to get your hop on with Tickled Pink's Lil Tom Boyz Pinkette blog hop? These rough and tumble girlies are sure to delight with each stop along the way. And I promise that you are not going to want to miss a single stop through all of the participating Pink Ladies and Pinkette Teamies because as always we've got some great prizes up for grabs to celebrate this release! :)

Then once you have finished hopping don't forget that all of the new stamps are now available in the Tickled Pink store. And not only can you get them in rubber but Kellie has also made the entire month of June a digi month so you can get them that way for a little instant gratification!

I used Bug Catchin' Coraline for my card today and this is one girlie that brought back some memories from my own childhood. It's not like I ever had a particular love for insects or anything but I can remember summer afternoons spent chasing grasshoppers with my cousins and my teen aged uncle. We would do some pretty awful things to those grasshoppers, like remove their back legs and leave them in the dirt driveway for the birds to swoop down and gobble up, or dig pit prisons that we would lay twigs over top of to trap the grasshoppers in and then flood them with a garden hose... silly stuff like that. It's crazy but those grasshopper afternoons will always stick with me as good times from my younger days. Anywho... I imagine Coraline will be much gentler with whatever creepy crawlers that she manages to net! ;)

Now let me send you on your way as Angela is the next blog that you'll want to be sure and visit today. If you ever get lost just reference back to the complete hop list at the Tickled Pink blog and don't forget to leave a comment there as well telling us which of these new stamps is your fave of the release and why... we would love to know!

Toodles!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Around the Block
stamp- Tickled Pink (Bug Catchin' Coraline)
Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Martha Stewart butterfly punches
Little Yellow Bicycle doily
Making Memories butterfly twill
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E13, R00, R20
hair- E74, E77, E79, E49
clothes- B34, B37, B39, RV02, RV04, Rv25, Y38, YR04, YR18, YG01, YG03, YG67, BG10, C5, C7, C9, 100, W00, W1, 0, E44

37 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww how cute, love your flowers and what a fun sentiment :) love it xxx

gobeagirl said...

AMMMMMMMMY! OMGod, I just had to read Jerry your grasshopper story and now he telling me all his exciting tails of hurting them. All I did with bugs was catch fire flys and watch them glow in glass jars. So onto your nicer side, your card is just so sweet and I love your colors on it. Of course your colors is awesome as always, Oh and btw, Jerry wants to know where you grew up. lol... Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Nancy Thomas said...

Odd that I love these tomboy girls so much since I'm such a girly girl. I like how you have balanced out the "boy" with the flowers.

RiNNE said...

This card is awesome! Love stamps that remind me of my childhood too! Your coloring is getting more fabulous each day!!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love this card; it makes me happy. What a great image.

Shirley N said...

Oh so pretty Amy! I love your scattered flowers and your gorgeous coloring! Coraline is just adorable!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh how cute. TFS.

Juls said...

such a sweet card!! Love all the flowers and the touch of ribbon!!! HUgs Juls

Mimi said...

Such a darling card Amy! Love the fun scatter of flowers and butterflies! This is one of my fave new images... so awesome they'll be avail in digi too! :D

Sue D said...

Very cute card--I like all the flowers and butterflies and hopefully she doesn't torment the grasshoppers!

Renkata said...

Adorable card Amy.

Lou Mac said...

So Coraline is your alter ego then? I can't imagine she would be pulling the back legs off of grasshoppers - poor things! Heehee.

I love the layout of your card and your colouring is awesome! That butterfly twill is gorgeous too!!

xo Lou Mac.

Flutterby Trina said...

She is lovely! Love all the flowers and the papers are fab!!! xxx

Bettina L. said...

How cute was that? She is so adorable. Love the flowers, the doily and all the cute colours:)

Lelia Pierce said...

Love the combo of papers and elements!

XXX

Kim Kelley said...

What a cute card! I remember catching fireflies as a little girl...then watching my daughter do the same!

Marie-Anne said...

What a cute card!

Marie-Anne

Vanja said...

Gorgeous card! The image is adorable.
hugs
Vanja

Louise said...

I love what you made of miss Coraline Amy :)
Beautiful colouring!
Hugs

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

such a sweet card, great colouring!

Becky Dunham said...

Such a sweet card Amy! No one would ever know you were such a fiend as a child :) Just kidding of course. My "boyfriend" used to pull the legs off Daddy Long Legs all except 2 and then let then hobble around. It still makes me cringe to think about it!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Marion said...

Gorgeous card and an adorable image. Love the sentiment you used.
Marion

Kylie said...

Oh wow Amy! This is just adorable!
Hugs xx

Fran said...

This is so cute Amy, I love the sentiment, it's adorable :)

Katie said...

Oooooh, I just love those flowers and butterflies- such a cute card!
xx Katie

Mary M. said...

Such a great card. Everything goes together so well.

Regan said...

Super adorable, Amy! Your coloring is phenomenal, as always! Love all the flowers and that paper is perfect! :)

Shelby Goolsby said...

Wow this stamp is so cute!! Reminds me of my Riley. Your card is so cute I love all of the fun flowers and cute ribbon. I really like her hair color, I am going to have to try that combo:)

Carly said...

Lovely, I especially like the vibrant colours.

Åsa aká Scraphorse said...

Gorgeous!! Love your coloring skills! You are one talanted girl, you are! :0))

Hugs, Ã…sa

Sassy Scrapper said...

Awwww she is really really cute! I love the colors you chose so sunny and fun. Your designer paper is perfect!
Hugs Bonnie

Karyn S said...

wow, Amy this is just gorgeous. it is tomboy yet girlie too. I love it!

Lillian Child said...

What a fun, fun card! LOVE all the background flowers and butterflies, and your coloring of this little gal is perfect!

superdidine said...

I love your card its so pretty

Tasha said...

Wow this is super funky! Love the mix of fun colours and the fun flowers. Super colour work
love tasha xx

alethea said...

This card is gorgeous!! Love all the flowersand papers you have used!! your colouring is amazing as always!! Hugs xx

Bettina L. said...

Wow such gorgeous card, love the colours and all the little details catching up with the image:)