Monday, October 1, 2012

Sweet November Spotlight on Marcy!

Hello friends!

It's sure been awhile since I was organized enough to have a SN Guest Gal during release time. Which makes me all the more excited to shine the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on a stellar colorist and card maker who is relatively new to the blogging world. She is also someone  who I've been lucky enough to color with in person... please say a happy hello to Marcy Longosky!

As I mentioned, Marcy and her family vacation in my neck of the woods each summer and the two of us have gotten together a couple of times to play with our Copics. Since our first meet up a couple years ago, Marcy has really taken off with this fun hobby we all share. She has been Copic certified not once but twice and she has become an in-demand Copic instructor over on the west side. Just one look at her work and you will see why! Marcy is so fun and totally passionate about card making which is why I am super excited to have her joining us for this release! :)

Now it's time for Marcy to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which I always look forward to reading! 

1) What color do you feel represents your personality and why?  
Probably lime green!  I love lime green.  I have a lime green cover for my phone, my purse is green and my craft studio is green.  Lime green is so light and bright and loud and seems to smile all the time, which is what people say about me.  They say I have a fun personality.


2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making? 
Not at all!  Since I lost my "real" job 2 years ago I no longer have to dress up every day so I dress in my happy clothes (shorts, t-shirts, etc).  My house decor is, let's just say...... lived in. Nothing fancy here!  My cards on the other hand...I love making them into masterpieces.  I have had many people say "this is a piece of art" about my cards.  I love adding embellishments, such as flowers, glitter, ribbons and charms!

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood? 
Coloring with my Copic markers!  But in reality my family does!  When one of them comes home and has had a good day or something good has happened it immediately puts me in a good mood.

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be? 
I would love to go back to the '70's.  I was there once but as a kid.  I loved the music...still do. Things were much simpler then, without all the electronics and 24 hour society.  I think we have gotten lost in all of this electronic world and would love to see us get back to a "family comes first" society.  Besides all that heavy stuff, the music was awesome, the colors and clothes were amazing!


5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why? 
Absolutely a fairy!  I would love to fly around and sprinkle glitter on everyone!  Fairies are so beautiful on the outside, I can't imagine what they must feel like on the inside!  I would hope to have magical powers so I could grant wishes too! 

Check out the stunning card that Marcy created featuring Snowflake Fairy Neva. To say that I am wowed by her coloring skills would be an understatement. The depth and richness of color that Marcy achieves is absolutely inspiring! Even with the monochromatic color scheme she is able to create tons of visual interest through the clever layering of the background papers and accents. Marcy's card looks as if Neva has brought the year's first frost, creating a magical ice garden for her to call home... I love it so much! For my CASE of Marcy's card I stayed pretty true to her overall layout design. Though I couldn't resist going a bit crazy with all of the colors. It made sense to me though, since I chose to color up Fairwee Mia's ornament whose bulb is hanging on the limb of that Basic Grey Christmas tree. And Christmas trees are always full of bright lights and color. :)

Alrighty, so tomorrow Marcy is joining Nancy, Marion,and myself as we count down to Christmas with the October Sweet November release previews! You won't want to miss sneak peek week both here and over on the ATS blog as there are a ton of new Christmas cuties to be had and as always there are chances to win all of the new goodies too!

Hugs!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Figgy Pudding)
stamps- Sweet November (Mia's Ornament), The Greeting Farm (Holiday Blessings)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Espresso Truffle, Colorbox chestnut roan
Making Memories poinsettias
Basic Grey fabric brad
brads
Queen & Co pearls
EK Success silver pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, Y21
clothes- R12, R17, E07, E19, G0000, G000, YG95, YG99, E81, 0
ornament- BG11, BG53, BG57, Y11, Y13, Y21, Y26, Y28

15 comments:

Marianne said...

I totally agree with you, Amy, that Marcy's colouring is really awesome! Love both cards, despite the totally different styles. I'm more inclined to Marcy's "clean" style myself, but I simply adore your card with the more vintage style colours and papers. Those BG papers are yummie.
Marianne x

Marianne said...

Forgot to say I'm looking forward to the release previews LOL.

Heidi Brawley said...

love your card. super cute. I am also looking forward to the release. Hope all is well.
hugs, Heidi

Patti Okerstrom said...

I love love love the idea of the little fairy looking at the ornament what a great idea! and the stacked photo frames behind the main image what a great idea! great take on Marcy's card they are so different which is great! thanks for insipiring me ~Patti

Lau W said...

These cards are wonderful, colouring is fab !
xxx

Lisa said...

Both cards are so different, but each so beautiful! Can't wait for the previews!

Julie D. Richards said...

I love both of these cards. The green fairy is so pretty and elegant while the little fairy looking at her own reflection is just adorable. Can't wait for the new release.

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous! Love your design and pretty color combo.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Leanne said...

Two wonderfully Christmassy cards. Congrats Marcy!!
;)

Rhonda Miller said...

What beautiful creations.

Evinrude said...

Love these cards Amy. So very cute.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are so cute!!!

SuiLan said...

I think this image is the cutest thing! I love her and this card is super cute!

Anonymous said...

simply beautiful. bravo.

RiNNE said...

Congrats to Marcy!! Love both cards!