Tuesday, March 19, 2019

My love language...

Hello, hello! 

You know we couldn't wrap up this personal challenge until I had also shared my altered version of Uptown Zodiac Girl Pisces. Half of the fun was coming up with little tweaks to these Zodiac themed stamps to help stretch their versatility for more everyday type cards.   So yesterday I shared my Pisces card as is, and while I know it would have been super easy just to use her as a mermaid with no altering necessary I wanted to show how simple it is to give this mer her land legs. By wiping the starfish from her hair as well as a bit of her tail just below the fins at her waist before stamping, then using a Copic multiliner pen to draw in her missing hair and a new front to the skirt she becomes a pretty, every day kind of gal. Sure, if you are feeling brave you could even draw in legs but the easier route is to simply cut the scene off just above her knees. So even though I chose to do that to make the transformation easier, it also gave me room to play around with pretty papers and embellishments in my card design as well. I would call that a win/win! ;)

Well thanks so much for sticking with me through this fun challenge. I'm thinking I just may have to tackle all the sweet garden girls next... what do you think?
 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
paper- American Crafts
stamps- Stamping Bella (Uptown Zodiac Girl Pisces), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Simon Says Stamp stitched scallop border die
Papertrey Ink large leaf die
Simon Says Stamp small leaf die
Prima flowers
buttons
Nuvo dream drops
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E55, E57, E49
dress- R43, RV14, RV69
sky- B0000, B000, B00, B21, 0
background- YG00, YG11, YG03, YG23, YG25, YG17, G21, G24, G43

3 comments:

Ustvarjalni dotik said...

I love your shading of little red dress. For me red is one of the most difficult to shade. Good job!
---------------------------------------------------
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the mastery of it. - Author Čestitka za rojstni dan

Julie D. Richards said...

So pretty. Hugs.

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Love it! Ocean things are popular right now so this zodiac one has lots of opportunity for use!