Saturday, August 24, 2019

My little pumpkin...

Hey friends!

I'm back on the Bellarific Blog with another Scenic Saturday card to share. As summer slowly begins shifting into the cooler weather of fall my crafting themes seem to be shifting in that direction too. When I sat down to create a card for today the Littles once again caught my eye but this time it was the darling Little Bits Fall Fruit Collection. Now there are a lot of great die cuts on the market that create these different window patterns for the front of your card and I'm telling you they are made for these Littles! The dies break scenes down into neat little manageable boxes that aren't intimidating to take on, plus provide a pretty frame for your finished work. Whether you decide to treat each window as a separate vignette, as I did on my summer Littles card, or create one continuous scene through matching up your coloring, the choice is completely up to you. I went with a continuous scene on my card today where I stamped the Little girl, mushroom and small pumpkin from the Fall Fruit Collection on the largest panel along with the leaf pile from the Little Bits Nature Collection and the Fall Backdrop tree. Then on the small upper panel I stamped a sentiment from the Set of Pumpkins along with a few of the falling leaves from the Nature Collection. When I colored this panel I knew it would be mostly sky but I made sure to leave a little room at the bottom for the green hillside to look like it was continuing across the card, easy peasy! Then for the last small panel I paired up the little fox from the Nature Collection with the medium sized pumpkin from the Set of Pumpkins and filled green all around them. As you can see, this didn't require a lot of fancy free hand coloring and sketching but the end result definitely looks like a beautiful fall day on that hillside.

I hope your weekend is a crafty one!
Supply list:
cardstock- wood grain and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Stamping Bella (Little Bits Fall Fruit Collection, Fall Backdrop, Set of Pumpkins, Little Bits Nature Collection)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame #4
Studio Calico wood veneer heart
May Arts twine
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E08, E19, E18
clothes- R85, R56, RV99, E71, E74, E77, E49
sky- BG000, B00, BG53
grass- YG21, YG23, YG63, YG95, YG97
tree/leaves- E55, E57, Y02, Y21, YR12, YR27, E37
mushroom- E81, E84, R35, R39, E18
pumpkins- YR15, YR16, YR18, E55, E57, YG00, G94, G99
fox- YR21, YR24, YR27, E18, E50, E40, R30, BG53, BG75, BG99
 

0 comments: