Saturday, March 7, 2020

Happy Easter...

Hello  friends!

I've got another Scenic Saturday card I'm sharing on the Bellariffic Blog and this week I wanted to create an Easter card using the delightful new Little Bo Peep Oddball. Because I knew that I wanted her to have more than one sheep grazing around her I went ahead and cut the sheep separate from Bo Peep on the stamp itself, now I have two stamps and can easily add the wooly cutie to other scenes down the road. This also allowed me to use the sheep with a flat mirror stamp and 'flip' one to face the opposite direction.  After masking off Bo Peep I also added the Summer Backdrop to help set the rolling hillside pastoral scene that I was after. Because the backdrop stamp is longer and extends beyond the edges of a vertical A2 sized card I would have lost the smaller tree if I stamped it as is. Instead I stamped it twice, once from the big tree to where the line disappeared behind my masked Bo Peep, then I cleaned it, shifted it over and stamped again from the little tree to where the line disappeared behind her. This creates the illusion of a seamless background with very minimal effort. Then I just finished it all off with a simple sentiment from the new Easter Sentiment set and I had a perfectly quirky and charming card for the holiday. I don't know about you but I think it looks like Bo could use a chocolate bunny or two... LOL!

Have a crafty weekend!
 Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Little Bo Peep Oddball, Summer Backdrop and Easter Sentiments set), My Favorite Things (mirror stamp)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
eyes- BG000, C1, B63, B66, BV29
hair- YR30, YR31, E23
clothes- V01, V12, V25, V28, RV000, RV52, RV63, C2, N3, N5, N8, N10
shepherd's crook- E42, E53, E55, E27
sky- Y000, YR30, YR000, R01, R32
trees- YG11, YG03, G43, G94, E84, E87, E89, R30, R32
grass- YG00, YG01, YG03, YG63, G43, G94
sheep- BG000, C1, E44, W1, W3, R30, W0, C1, V20