Saturday, December 5, 2020

Although it's been said, many times, many ways...

Hello!
 
The Christmas countdown is officially on and that means you shouldn't be surprised that this week's Scenic Saturday post over on the Bellarific Blog is still all about Christmas. For my card today I've inked up the lovely Mochi Ornament Girl, her beribboned hair decorated with festive ornaments. One of the things I love most about the Mochi Girls is their large footprint that they take up when stamped on a standard A2 sized card front. With them being so large and in charge you know they can really hold their own with whatever else you choose to decorate your card with. This led me to go in a different direction than my usual Copic colored scene as I was tempted to pair her with some pretty Christmas stickers that I've had in my crafty stash for years. So instead of coloring a background I masked Mochi Ornament Girl and stamped a twinkling star background pattern as well as some older holiday floral motifs behind her. I like how their retro vibe match the whole 60's look she is rockin'. Then I just added all the stickers to finish off this fun holiday card and there is no doubt that Mochi Ornament Girl is still the star of the show. :)

And as I'm linking things up here it looks like the big sale is still going, all of the stamps are discounted in the store so now is the time to add a few to your collection!   

Have a wonderful weekend bellas! 


Supply list:
cardstock- Lawn Fawn and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Mochi Ornament Girl), October Afternoon (Silent Night set), Taylored Expressions (twinkle background) 
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Papertrey Ink sweet blush, pure poppy, harvest gold, honey nut, saffron spice and prairie grass
October Afternoon Silent Night border stickers
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Ranger glossy accents
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

eyes- YG25, YG95, YG97
hair- E23, E57, E29
everything else- G000, G00, BG53, BG70, BG72, Y11, Y21, Y26, R02, R22, R14, R17, R30, R12, RV42, YG21, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99