Saturday, October 10, 2026

What makes you different...

Hello!

It's time for another Scenic Saturday on the Bellariffic blog and I'm taking a break from Halloween to play with some of the new Oddball Zodiac girls that were part of the Holiday release, Oddball Zodiac Cancer, Oddball Zodiac Leo and Oddball Zodiac Virgo.

This card isn't my usual scene building type of card but I was short on time this week, making it a great opportunity to play with some of the patterned paper in my craft stash. I started with a smaller scrap of my good coloring card stock and trimmed the bottom edge using a pretty scalloped border die. After masking the scallops I stamped Zodiac Virgo from the chest up. I then masked her off before stamping Oddball Zodiac Cancer and Oddball Zodiac Leo on either side. By cropping and layering them this way I had a group of three friends but a limited amount to color. I had already pulled the pretty floral print paper so I color matched their clothes to the paper. The floral print is also very busy with a lot of visual weight, which lead me to opt for a simple airbrush of grey behind the girls as not to compete with the print and create a nice balance and place for the eye to rest between the top and bottom of the layout design. The sentiment is an older one from Stamping Bella and as soon as I saw it I knew it would be the perfect finishing touch for these Oddball gal pals.

Stay crafty my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It

patterned paper- Basic Grey

stamps- Stamping Bella (
Oddball Zodiac Cancer, Oddball Zodiac Leo, Oddball Zodiac Virgo and sentiment)

ink- Memento tuxedo black and Versafine onyx black

My Favorite Things stitched scallop border die

My Favorite Things rounded rectangle stax
Sharpie extra fine white pen

Sakura stardust glitter pen

Copic markers:

cancer skin/eye shadow- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20/B41, B52

cancer hair/eyes- E50, E53, E23/BG000, C1, C3, B12, B45

cancer clothes- R20, R21, R43, RV34, E41

virgo skin/eye shadow- E00, E11, E21, E04, R00, R20/W3, W4
virgo hair/eyes- YR31, YR12, YR27, E39, E29/BG000, C1, C3, YG03, YG95

virgo clothes- C2, W3, B26, B37, B39, BV29

leo skin/eye shadow- E21, E11, E13, E25, E04, R20/YG93, YG95

leo hair/eyes- E74, E77, E79, W10/BG000, C1, C3, E84, E87

leo clothes- V01, Y13, Y15, Y17

background- C3, C4, B41

0 comments: