Saturday, March 19, 2011

You're so cool

Welcome to the weekend my friends!

It's been pretty grey and rainy here so I don't even mind that I'm working through it. What about you... any big plans?

So, this card isn't for any challenges or anything... I just wanted to ink up another of the Hat's Off Miss Anyas. This time I went with this super chic little lady in her fancy fedora. I found these papers in one of my scrap bags and I thought they looked like a stylin' fabric print that suited Miss Anya's vibe so onto the card they went. I pulled all of my Copic colors from them as well and the new E81 (Ivory) that I used for her shirt, is such a perfect khaki color, It's kind of a brown with greenish undertones and I really, really hope that the people at Copic plan to add to this color family sooner rather than later... I'd be happy with just an E85! :)
When it came time to embellish the card the Tim Holtz film strip ribbons seemed like a natural addition because Anya totally looks like a movie star doing press reviews to me. Then I finished it all off with some sparkle and bling for good measure. ;)

Well, that's all I've got for today. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your Saturday!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Me and my Big Ideas
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Hats Off Miss Anya), Verve (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Tim Holtz film strip ribbon
twill
metal rim tag
Kaiser Craft gems
Maya Road stick pin
Jenni Bowlin stick pin
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E31, E33, E35, E37
clothes- RV00, RV10, RV11, E44, E47, E49, E81, 0, G40, G82, G85, B02

18 comments:

RiNNE said...

Fantastic card! Awesome use of all the elements! I am loving her fedora as well (in fact, just got Mattie this plaid one!)!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

oo how fabulous, amy! love how you've colored her up especially her hat! wonderful papers and love the bits of film strip! thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Renkata said...

hi Amy,
ohhh she look like a movie star.
Very lovely layout!

Saskia said...

Beautiful card Amy!!

serina said...

aw, cute card! love the layout and colors!

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Amy, love the papers and image!
Clairexx

Shirley N said...

Ohhh, this is a COOL layout Amy! I always love how you use your embellies to make a beautiful layout! Gotta pull out my huge stach of metal tags, lol! Love your coloring, she's beautiful! Have a great weekend!

cowboydutrem said...

Nice card, love that the bling goes everywhere even on the ribbon, never seen that before, does it stick well?

Unknown said...

This is such a darling card!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is just adorable! I am with you on the new colors. I finally got mine in the mail yesterday and I love these new Es. I can not tell you just how much I love this card. I love the colors, the embellies and the way that you have colored Anya. Hope you are having a great Saturday. I am tired, but had a great day at work and glad to be off for a full two days. :O) Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

Great card Amy! Great elements and I'm digging her fedora. Love that new color on her blouse. Very chic. Hope you're having a good weekend. :)

Tress said...

She looks like a foreign news correspondent! I really like the muted color palate. Great card!

Sudha said...

Cool card n cool sentiment too.

Angie said...

This is a really fabulous card Amy! Wow. The elements that you put together really jive. I don't have the Anya Hats Off set, but every time I see you create with it, it makes me want it a little more!

Tasha said...

Wow this is awesome, i love her outfit and the fab colours. Cool embellishments too
love tasha xx

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh this is totally fabulous, Amy! Love your cool design with the film strip, your cards are always so perfect and amazing... LOVE it! Hugs!

Chelsea said...

So cute. Your details are perfect!

Alice said...

this is so chic. lovely card!