Friday, June 20, 2014

May you be happier...

TGIF everybody!

I'm so excited to actually have the day off. My mom and sisters are joining me for a much needed girl's day out shopping trip. We've got a list of stores we want to hit and our fave Chinese restaurant planned for lunch... I can't wait! With summer always being so busy around here it is rare that I get out of town this time of year so I plan to make every moment count on this day trip of ours. :)

My card today features a little kitten from the Some Odd Girl Clever Kittys set and he looks almost as happy as I feel right now, LOL! I paired this cat napper with the ball of yarn and toy mouse from the same set because I wanted it to look like he had worn himself out playing and then curled up for a quick rest in the sunshine. The sentiment is something I came up with myself after seeing a mug that read, "Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry". I thought that was really cute and since sunshine and napping kitties seem to go hand in hand this version of the sentiment seems just as appropriate. Now all I have to do is get the card to my sister so she can sell it in her dog grooming salon. 

Okey dokey, I'm off. Have a fabulous weekend!  :)  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- SEI (purple), LilyBee (green gingham)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Clever Kittys set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
computer generated sentiment
Simon Says Stamp sunshine die
My Favorite Things stitched rectangle die
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
kitty- YR31, YR24, YR14, E35, E50, E40, 0, R00, R20, R21
yarn- YG03, YG95, G94
toy mouse- E40, E41, 0, RV10, RV06, RV17, RV19

22 comments:

Danni said...

What a sweet card! Just adorable!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. I just love the sweet kitty.

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is super cute!!!!! I love it!!!Fabulous created sentiment too!!! Have a Fabulous trip doll!
hugs,Heidi & Brooke

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, this is just too cute. Love the kitty theme.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, this is just too cute. Love the kitty theme.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I hope you had a great trip with your Mom and Sisters. Sounds like fun to me. :0) I think this card is just adorable. I love your sentiment as well. It is truly perfect! Did you use embossing paste for the sunshine? It sure looks like you did. I hope you are having a great summer. I have been so busy at work that I come home and don't have the energy to even sit at my desk. Oh well, loving the paychecks. lol... Hugs Lisa

Heidi Brawley said...

Hey doll......Is everything ok??? I have emailed you a couple times. Wish you a Wonderful day!!! Brooke and I miss seeing your Amazing creations!!! Hope all is well with your family.
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Georgene said...

Hi Amy, I hope you're ok. I follow your blog daily and have missed seeing your creativity. I hope everything is ok with you. Praying for you....

Unknown said...

Amy- I love your cards; they always inspire me. You haven't posted for a while. I hope everything is okay.

Ellen H. said...

Very pretty, I'm loving your work a lot!! Wish you make some more soon ;)

Danni said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and miss "seeing" you and hope things are okay!!

A Little Bit of Lovely said...

Hi amy, hope everything is ok, I check your blog daily and I miss your creative flair

Anonymous said...

Me, too. I hope you are fine. Missing you and your wonderful blogging.

Danni said...

Thinking of you and missing you! hugs!

Heidi Brawley said...

Happy Monday doll!!!!! Brooke and I are really missing you!!!I have been using the bag of scraps of Christmas papers you mailed us for a couple cards lately. You are always on our minds. We hope all is well and wish to hear from you soon!!!!!
Big Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Unknown said...

Dear Miss Amy
I miss you very much!
Hugs
Brooke

Islander Girl said...

Hi Amy! Hope everything is OK, I haven't seen any of your lovely creations and thought I'd check in to see if you're all right!

Heidi Brawley said...

Just letting you know Brooke and I miss you very much!!!!!
Big Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Loz said...

Hi Amy, I've been a long time follower of your blog and have been away from my crafting blog for a while now, I regularly check back in here when inspiration is needed, as you've not posted for a while now, I do hope you're okay xox

RiNNE said...

Thinking of you, Amy. Hope all is ok. Hugs, Rinne.

Heidi Brawley said...

Wishing you a Wonderful Birthday week!!!!!! BIG HUGS from Brooke and Me!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXX

Georgene said...

Does anyone know what happened to Amy? I followed her blog daily and then she stopped abruptly. Did she move on to other things? I really hope everything is ok with her. Thanks.