Friday, June 20, 2014

May you be happier...

TGIF everybody!

I'm so excited to actually have the day off. My mom and sisters are joining me for a much needed girl's day out shopping trip. We've got a list of stores we want to hit and our fave Chinese restaurant planned for lunch... I can't wait! With summer always being so busy around here it is rare that I get out of town this time of year so I plan to make every moment count on this day trip of ours. :)

My card today features a little kitten from the Some Odd Girl Clever Kittys set and he looks almost as happy as I feel right now, LOL! I paired this cat napper with the ball of yarn and toy mouse from the same set because I wanted it to look like he had worn himself out playing and then curled up for a quick rest in the sunshine. The sentiment is something I came up with myself after seeing a mug that read, "Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry". I thought that was really cute and since sunshine and napping kitties seem to go hand in hand this version of the sentiment seems just as appropriate. Now all I have to do is get the card to my sister so she can sell it in her dog grooming salon. 

Okey dokey, I'm off. Have a fabulous weekend!  :)  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- SEI (purple), LilyBee (green gingham)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Clever Kittys set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
computer generated sentiment
Simon Says Stamp sunshine die
My Favorite Things stitched rectangle die
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
kitty- YR31, YR24, YR14, E35, E50, E40, 0, R00, R20, R21
yarn- YG03, YG95, G94
toy mouse- E40, E41, 0, RV10, RV06, RV17, RV19

18 comments:

Danni said...

What a sweet card! Just adorable!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. I just love the sweet kitty.

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is super cute!!!!! I love it!!!Fabulous created sentiment too!!! Have a Fabulous trip doll!
hugs,Heidi & Brooke

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, this is just too cute. Love the kitty theme.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, this is just too cute. Love the kitty theme.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I hope you had a great trip with your Mom and Sisters. Sounds like fun to me. :0) I think this card is just adorable. I love your sentiment as well. It is truly perfect! Did you use embossing paste for the sunshine? It sure looks like you did. I hope you are having a great summer. I have been so busy at work that I come home and don't have the energy to even sit at my desk. Oh well, loving the paychecks. lol... Hugs Lisa

Heidi Brawley said...

Hey doll......Is everything ok??? I have emailed you a couple times. Wish you a Wonderful day!!! Brooke and I miss seeing your Amazing creations!!! Hope all is well with your family.
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Georgene said...

Hi Amy, I hope you're ok. I follow your blog daily and have missed seeing your creativity. I hope everything is ok with you. Praying for you....

Necia Stevens said...

Amy- I love your cards; they always inspire me. You haven't posted for a while. I hope everything is okay.

Crafty EllenH. said...

Very pretty, I'm loving your work a lot!! Wish you make some more soon ;)

Danni said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and miss "seeing" you and hope things are okay!!

Krystal Edmond said...

Hi amy, hope everything is ok, I check your blog daily and I miss your creative flair

baby_alien said...

Me, too. I hope you are fine. Missing you and your wonderful blogging.

Danni said...

Thinking of you and missing you! hugs!

Heidi Brawley said...

Happy Monday doll!!!!! Brooke and I are really missing you!!!I have been using the bag of scraps of Christmas papers you mailed us for a couple cards lately. You are always on our minds. We hope all is well and wish to hear from you soon!!!!!
Big Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Brooke Rosenberg said...

Dear Miss Amy
I miss you very much!
Hugs
Brooke

Islander Girl said...

Hi Amy! Hope everything is OK, I haven't seen any of your lovely creations and thought I'd check in to see if you're all right!

Heidi Brawley said...

Just letting you know Brooke and I miss you very much!!!!!
Big Hugs, Heidi & Brooke