Thursday, June 30, 2016

In my thoughts...

Hello, hello!

Since I kicked off this 'month of mermaids' with one of the darlings by Elisabeth Bell I figured it would be the perfect bookend to wrap it all up with another one of these sweet mermaids. This one is called Splish Splash and it looks like she has just swam up out of the water to rest on that cool stone seat. Her wet, dripping hair really inspired me to create a waterfall behind her. To do that, I masked her off then grabbed my Distressed Patterns stamp set and stamped the sketchy lines stamp repeatedly behind her in a very light blue ink. I then added the white sequins to mimic the frothing water at the bottom of the falls. Something about Splish Splash had me going in a 'thinking of you' direction for my card as well as a more muted color palette. There is just something very quiet and gentle about this little beauty. 

Alrighty then, thanks for stopping by today!  :) 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink
stamps- Sweet Pea Stamps (Splish Splash Mermaid), My Favorite Things (Distressed Patterns set), Avery Elle (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Studio Calico ice ice baby
Doodlebug sequins
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, BV01
hair- BG90, BG93, BG96, BG99, BG49
eyeshadow- BG70, BG72
tail- V12, V25, V28, V99, RV99, V01, BV00, BG0000, V000
rock- C1, C3, C5
water- B60, B63
fish- YG00, G43

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is sooo very Beautiful! !!!!!! Fabulous waterfall too!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely card, and a fabulous month of mermaids! Jo x

Julie D. Richards said...

Oh em gee this is absolutely amazing.

Tracey Ann said...

Sometimes your cards cause a person to want to write a book ... lol ... This is so beautiful! Can't get over her sweet face, beautifully colored.... and the sentiment is perfect. The colors are amazing... pure inspiration!

Craftdee said...

I have SO enjoyed your mermonth :-)) This little darling is exquisite, and the detail in your card is lovely - the waterfall for instance, and the sentiment is just perfect with the image. Love it all :-) Donna xx