Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Keeping me afloat...

Olo!

I grabbed this freebie Mermaid digi off the ADFD blog last summer and I'm finally getting her on a card for this year's month of mermaids theme. She seems so peaceful and reflective that I wanted to keep the colors of the card soft and muted  to help with that mood. The sentiment comes from a little Papertrey Ink set and again I think it really works with this sweet mermaid's vibe. I added some Eucalyptus Stickles to her tail so that it would be extra glittery and I could enter this card into the current "add glitter" challenge. Then I just added a few die cut seashells and a sprinkling of sequins to pull it all together. 

Ok, time for me to scoot my boot. Take care everyone!  :)   
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink 
digital stamp- A Day For Daisies (Mermaid freebie)
stamps- Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Versafine onyx black and Hero Arts ombre
Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die
Memory Box sea shell dies
Studio Calico gold sequins
Ranger Stickles
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, BV00
hair- YR30, YR31, YR24, E35
tail- Y000, G20, G40, G12
kelp- G24, G46, Y02
sky- R000, R00, YR20
sea- BG10
sand- E50, E41, E34, YR31
seashells- E50, E81, BV0000, R000, B0000, YR20, YR31, R32, R14

7 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is sooo very Beautiful! !!! Loooooove ♡♡♡♡♡
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

So pretty. I feel my toes in the sand.

Dotty Jo said...

So sweet! Just dropped by for a much needed catch-up with you and your gorgeous creations, Jo x

Cathy P in AZ said...

Amy-your mermaids are dreamy and gorgeous! I love the scenes you create and the beautiful colors and textures in your coloring and paper layering! You are a true artist!

Tracey Ann said...

Every time I visit it your blog, I feel like I've received a gift! She's beautiful, and the card is touching. Absolutely lovely!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card... Love the tones and design a lot. :)
Have a great day!

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my goodness!!! CONGRATULATIONS on winning the A Day For Daisies challenge!!!! That is so Awesome!!!!
hugs, Heidi and Brooke