Thursday, October 18, 2018

Not all those who wander are lost...

Mornin' folks!

So yesterday I shared my card using the lovely Uptown Zodiac Girl Libra and now it is time to share my altered version of her. Unlike the last few Zodiac girls, this alteration was a bit more involved than simply doing some creative cropping and coloring. So I wiped away her upraised arm completely before stamping as well as her other hand and the scale it was holding. Then I grabbed a black multiliner pen and drew in a simple lowered arm as well as a new waving hand. This left me with a pretty gal either waving hello or goodbye, but what to do with her? My sister Tracy, who is always good at challenging me said that I should color her into a train station or airport. That idea was a bit daunting at first but I decided to see what I could do, if nothing else it would stretch my Copic skills for sure. So I did a google search for train stations and found a photo that inspired me to give it a go. It's not perfect by any means but that's the beauty of backgrounds, they don't have to be! You just want to create the right impression. In the end I think it looks like Miss Libra is ready to set out on an adventure.  :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a good one my friends!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Stamping Bella (Uptown Zodiac Girl Libra), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Versafine onyx black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sharpie extra fine white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- Y21, E95, E97, E35
clothes- G43, YG63, YG67, E50, E81, E84, 0, E44, E47, E49
suitcase- Y02, Y21, Y26, E23, E25, E27
sky- B0000, B000, B00
trees- Y02, YR23, YR24, E08, E44, E47
shrubs/grass- Y02, YG91, YG93, YG95, E30, E31
train station/train- W00, W0, W1, W3, W4, W6, N6, N10, C00, C5, C6, C9, T3, T5, 0, G16, G28, G29, E55, E57, Y000

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh it's so very Beautiful too!!!! Love the altering you did on her!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely scene and such clever altering, Jo x

Julie D. Richards said...

As I’ve said before, you are the queen of alterations. Awesome background. Hugs.