Friday, June 26, 2020

Deeper than the ocean...

TGIF!

It's been a bit of a whirlwind around here this past week. Now that I am back to work at the day job I'm trying to find that balance again between work and my crafty time. Luckily on days that are full of other activities I know I have a small stash of images that I've already started during previous coloring challenges so all I have to do is add a background and get them on a card. This lovely Proper Mermaid from Some Odd Girl was one of those handy dandy images just waiting to fulfill her card making destiny. I colored her up back in May during the SOG 12 Day Coloring Challenge and yesterday I finally got around to giving her a home. First I found this great sentiment in a new Waffle Flower set that I just got and it inspired me to color in a deep, dark trench below her. I really love how the rosy peach colors in her tail stand out against that monochromatic background. For a bit of extra set dressing I grabbed a pack of Doodlebug Sprinkles and gave her some friends to hang out with. All in all it was a quick but satisfying card to create and I love when that happens!

Have a great weekend my friends! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Proper Mermaid)
stamp- Waffle Flower (sentiment)
ink- Versamark Watermark
Hero Arts detail white embossing powder
Heffy Doodle sunburst stencil
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2
Doodlebug Sprinkles
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Ranger glossy accents
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
eyes- BV02, V28, BV29
hair- V01, V12, V15, V17, V09
tail- R000, R01, R02, R32, RV42, YR30, YR31, E04
top- V04, V15, V09, BV08, Y02, Y21, Y26, E39, E81, E84, E40, 0, BV31
background- RV52, RV63, V12, V15, V17, V09