Saturday, April 8, 2023

Happy thoughts...

Hello again! 

It's a review weekend at Sweet November Stamps and I've been itchin' to color up SN Gal Avril again. This time around I gave her a darker skin tone and a very spring inspired outfit for her to be sporting on this particular walk in the park. In the distance you can see a rain shower moving in or moving on, I guess it's a glass half full situation, LOL! Either way, Avril is prepared, with her pretty pink galoshes and sunny umbrella. I also liked the idea of changing things up and using a stitched border die rather than my go-to rectangle dies. I especially like how this border ties back to the billowing clouds in the sky. It's hard to see them in the photo but I also added clear enamel dots trailing down the left hand side of the card to look like little droplets of rain resting on the card. Once again, if you are interested in watching this scene come together you can find the short Reel over on my Instagram or there is also the longer speed coloring video that can be found on the Sweet November Stamps Youtube channel.

Have a great weekend! 


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler

stamps- Sweet November Stamps (SN Gal Avril), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)

ink- Memento tuxedo black and Papertrey Ink Lovely Lady
My Favorite Things stitched border die
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Pear Blossom Press gold and silver gel pens

Kat Scrappiness clear enamel dots

Copic markers:

Sorry, I didn't keep a list but you can see the colors used here

 

 

0 comments: