Hello!
This week I am skipping ahead to Christmas with my Scenic Saturday card over on the Bellariffic blog. It's the perfect reminder to check out the Christmas in July Finale sale that is currently running in the store. All Christmas and Winter rubber stamps are 25% OFF through midnight EDT on August 2nd. I chose to ink up Uptown Girls Francesca and Madeleine Love Shopping from last year's Christmas release.
Uptown Girls Francesca and Madeleine Love Shopping are two stylish friends braving a winter snowfall to get some last-minute Christmas shopping done before the big day arrives. I paired them with the Sketchy Corner Backdrop to help tell that story and when I colored it in, I kept the color palette very soft and neutral so that these two beautiful friends in their Christmas hued outfits would boldly stand out. With the short days of winter, the only real color that I added to the background is the street light and the yellow glow peeking through the windows. Once everything was colored, I grabbed a white pen and dotted in a generous amount of falling snow all around them. When I do this, I make sure to add dots over the characters themselves to really place them within the scene. The only part I avoid is the character's faces. :)
Now be sure to check out the sale and stay crafty my friends!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Stamping Bella (Uptown Girls Francesca and Madeleine Love Shopping, Sketchy Corner Backdrop and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and My Favorite Things amarena cherry
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
girl 1 hair/clothes/cup- E23, E27, E29/YG25, G46, BG78, T4, T5, T8, T10, C5, C7, C9, R24, R27, R29, RV99, W9/YG03, YG17, YG67, E43, E34, N2
girl 2 hair/clothes/cup- E50, E53, E23/E50, E41, E42, W3, E55, E57, E59, E79, R24, R27, R29, RV99, G07, G19, BG96, BG99
gift bags- Y02, YR23, YR24, E47/YG01, YG03, G24/C00, C1, C2, C3, R24, R27
road/sidewalk- T0, T1, T3, T5/N2, N4
sky- C0, C2, C3
buildings- Y000, Y00, Y11, W3, W5
street light- G24, G46, BG99, Y00, Y11


0 comments:
Post a Comment