Monday, August 13, 2012

Hello Friends

Hello, hello!

Long time, no see. What a week it was these last six days or so. I had a bunch of different things going on, all on top of visiting my mom at the hospital, so I was kept very busy. Some of it has the potential to be pretty exciting for me but I'm going to hold off on going into details until it all becomes a "for sure" deal. So yea, life continues on at a pretty hectic pace for me at the moment but I'm hoping that it will all be worth it in the long run. :)

So the update on Mom is that she is still at Virginia Mason, still on dialysis, but working hard with her physical therapists to become mobile enough to be transferred to a rehabilitation/care facility back in Wenatchee. This would get her much closer to home and the entire family is hoping that this will happen soon. So we are praying for her growing strength and the continued healing of her kidneys. Thank you to every one of you that has been keeping her in your prayers and well wishes, it truly means the world to me. 

And you know I couldn't post without a card to share so today I've got another non-coloring card that I made for a class last month. As you can see, I'm having a bit of fun playing with vellum again. It's certainly one of those things that I've had in my stash since I first started scrapping and crafting but over the years it starts to get pretty neglected. I have to say that I'm having quite a bit of fun using it with my border punches and dies... what a fresh way to give this crafty staple new life. ;)

Alrighty friends, time for me to head to work. TTYL!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill 
paper- Bazzill (Vintage Market)
vellum
Hero Arts sentiment stamp
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Colorbox chestnut roan
prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Memory box butterfly die
Fiskars border punch

16 comments:

Hlora said...

Very beautiful flowers and the butterfly is cute on!!!!!

Marianne said...

Oh Amy, I do hope that your mom will be ready to move a little closer to home very soon. I'm very happy to hear that she's still making progress, though.
Love the card and the vellum butterfly. I've recently found some parchment in my stash and wanted to use it to print on, but that didn't work. But you're right, there are other ways to incorporate vellum and/or parchment.
Take card!
Marianne x

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is Beautiful. Love your style. Your mom and family are still in our prayers. Wish you both an Awesome week.
hugs, Heidi

Lisa said...

Very pretty! I didn't even notice the border-punched vellum at first glance - I was too busy admiring the butterfly. I've been making boy cards lately, but I'm definitely going to bust out the vellum sooner than later.

Craftdee said...

Lovely card Amy, great idea with the vellum (I may just crack mine out, lol) I'm so glad your mum's health is improving, hopefully she'll be home with you really soon. Donna ♥

Annie Rose said...

Thanks for the update on your mom! I've been thinking about you gals :)

Your card is awesome and so pretty!

Luvs,
Annie Rose

Marcy L said...

Thanks for the update on your mom! Love the card! It's always refreshing to use an old product and make it new!

Dangina Martinez said...

Simply adorable!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card.

I'll be praying for your mom.

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, this is just beautiful! I love your papers and your little butterfly. Your color combo is just so beautiful and so serene. I love this. I am glad to hear that your Mom is working so hard to get home and getting good results to top it off. I am praying for her and for your special something as well. I can't wait to hear. Hugs, Lisa

Billie A said...

Great work with Vellum, I have not used it as I use to and I see I need to break it back out and use it. I love it embossed to gives great look. I like the butterfly you did awesome.
Glad your moms doing better and hope that she is back home and healed before winter comes. going over those mountains is not good. Living in SW Washington I know how those mt's can be. Hugs and your all stil in my prayers.
Cant wait to hear your news. Love your work.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Just beautiful Amy. Stunning layout and love the vellum :)

RiNNE said...

Gorgeous! Good to hear your mom is doing well! And that you've got news of your own! The vellum looks familiar - I may have it or at least the patterned pAper version!! Take care!! Hugs! Miss you!

Lau W said...

Gorgeous card with so nice colors !
Hope your mum will be soon better, she's in progress, it's great ! :-)
xxx

Varshitha said...

very cute card... love it...

Leanne said...

This card makes me smile Amy. Love the pops of color the flowers give and yes the vellum looks gorgeous here as a butterfly.
So glad your mom is getting better. Will continue to keep her in my prayers and send happy thoughts. She's a fighter and in no time she'll be back in the family fold.
Looking foward to your new news, I bet it's going to be pretty awesome!
Take care!
xx
;)