Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I fall to pieces...

Olo!

I hope all is well on this fine summer day. It's been pretty hot here in my neck of the woods and so far I haven't managed to make any time to go jump in the lake. I'm thinkin' I need to remedy that situation ASAP, LOL! ;)

Anywho... it's another review preview day over on the ATS blog today and even though I didn't make a card for it I still had this fun Frankie Stein card that I made for previews and never shared here. So she is perfect to go up today. Frankie is so cute and quirky that I couldn't resist playing a bit with some of the neon Copic markers to give her a spooky glow. I added neon green to her hair, neon orange to the pumpkin pail and neon violet to her dress. At first I was a little like, "What did I just do!" but when I paired her up with the bright stripes of the Doodlebug paper it worked, so I could breath a sigh of relief. The skin tone is that funky E70s combo that I like to pull out for Halloween and all of my little un-dead ghoulies. I've gotta say that I always look forward to Halloween cards because they give me the freedom to really go crazy with more 'out there' color combos, which totally gets me out of any creative rut I may find myself in. 

Ok, so there are plenty more Mashi's Muffins to peruse on the ATS blog today and get you inspired to try something new and different on your cards. :)

Have a good one!       
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug
stamps- Mashi's Muffins (Frankie Stein), October Afternoon (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Martha Stewart black
Prima flowers and pearls
Tim Holtz tiny tag die
Knot & Bow twine
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E70, E71, E04
hair- C5, C7, C9, FYG1, YG00, YG23, YG25
eyes- BV25, BV29, BG000
clothes- V06, V09, FV2, FYR1, YR04, YR18, E25, YG23, RV66, RV69, E40, E81, 0

13 comments:

Marianne said...

Looks like she's still wondering what you did to her LOL. Have to agree, though, that the coloured image and those papers are a perfect match.
It's consistently 30+ °C over here, but I'm blessed with a private pool, so I manage to jump in at the end of my working day. Will do so again in about an hour!
Marianne x

chrilvian said...

ooo she is so adorable

Tress said...

Love the color choices! And that Doodlebug paper is some of my favorite! Glad to read your mother continues to improve. Hugs to you, T.

Kelly Schelske said...

Super card Amy!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super card Amy!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super card Amy!!

yvon said...

Oh, she is just super cute. Gorgeous creation Amy,
Hugs, Yvon

Rhonda Miller said...

She is adorable. I love your card. TFS.

Leanne said...

Yea!! This is so cool Amy!!

Mimi said...

Her hair is so cool! Love the sweet spooky scene! Have a great day Amy! ;D

Heidi Brawley said...

WoW this is Amazing looking. love how you colored her. Super Adorable Halloween card!!!! I got my Pumpkin Fun stamp set in the mail yesterday from ATS. I had planned to play with it but so exhausted from staying up late with the visit from my oldest daughter and her husband, I just went to bed early. Maybe tonight.
Hugs and prayers out to you!!!
Heidi

Marcy L said...

Love this.....she is so cute!

Juls said...

Hi Amy,

I have been M.I.A in blogland recently, and now doing a major catch up to see how everyone is getting on, hopefully life is settling into a more normal rountine now&I can get back to visiting more regularly again. I have loved having a good look round your blog to check out all I have missed, I so love your style truley inspirational work!! Hugs Juls