Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Well...

Hello, hello my friends!

So I had intended to have this card made for a review preview this past week but there was a bit of a hiccup in that plan when my mom ended up going back to the hospital in Seattle on Wednesday. She is still there but I'm hoping that she will get to return home sometime this week. No worries in this being a huge setback or anything, it's just a part of her healing process and she really is right where she needs to be. It certainly doesn't help that the air quality is so extremely poor here, the smoke is just thick and horrible... you can't even see the mountains across the lake anymore! I'll be so glad when we get some rain to help put out all of the forest fires. 

Anywhoozzle... all that to say that this card took a bit longer to finish than I thought it would. ;)
But I really wanted to color up this sweet new Lucy with her great hair and funny little chicken pals. The background was a real no-brainer, as soon as I opened up the Harvest Lane 6x6 paper pad it's like the pieces all put themselves together. Which is a big reason why I LOVE Simple Stories so much. When I spotted that house in the print it reminded me of a chicken coop for Lucy's feathered friends.

Well, I promise you'll be hearing more from me soon... October previews are right around the corner and I can't wait for you to see what we have in store for Christmas. :)   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Simple Stories (Harvest Lane)
stamps- CC Designs (Swiss Pixie Lucy with chickens), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown 
Bazzill leaves
Prima flower
twine
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR12, E97, E99, E59
clothes- BG72, BG96, E81, W00, YG03, YG95, YG97, E44, E47, E49
chickens- E40, W00, YR23, YR24, E07, E09

16 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is !!! what fabulous papers. Prayers and hugs sending out to you and your mom. Take care and God Bless!! Heidi

Heidi Brawley said...

lol p.s. should of read Oh this super Adorable!!!!

Tiffany said...

Great card! I love how the background paper is the background to the scene. Just perfect!

I hope your mom's recovery continues to go smoothly. <3

Mette said...

Glad to hear that everything is still going in the right direction and that your mum is getting better. Lots of hugs from me to you both and this is a gorgeous card Amy. Love the little chickens :).

Hugs, Mette

Nikki said...

This is just adorable the little chickens too cute

Julie D. Richards said...

So glad to see a new card, things must be a little better. Hope your mom gets back home soon. Miss you bunches.

Leanne said...

Aww very sweet! I love simple stories too. they fo have great scenery papers. She's adorable and so are her chickens.
Sending up prayers that the rain comes and washes away the smoke so that your mom can come back home.
Take care!
;)

Leanne said...

Aww very sweet! I love simple stories too. they fo have great scenery papers. She's adorable and so are her chickens.
Sending up prayers that the rain comes and washes away the smoke so that your mom can come back home.
Take care!
;)

Marianne said...

Aww, such an adorable image and card, Amy, and your colouring never ceases to amaze me.
Sorry to hear your mom had to go back to the hospital but I'm glad it's not any major setback on her road to recovery. Sending hugs and well wishes your way.
Marianne x

Rhonda Miller said...

Sorry to hear your mom is back in the hospital. I'll be praying she can come home soon.

Your card is so sweet.

Cami said...

Oh how cute this is Amy! The perfect DP for the background and I love the scene you created here...lovely fall colors too! Glad your Mom is doing fine and it's just a routine and not something serious. Hope they can stop the forest fires so the air clears up.

Lou said...

Hi! this is just soooo gorgeous,you are very creative Amy and love the sweet images and all of your design.hugs Lou.xx

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous Creation. Love all the detail and colors.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Awww so sad to hear your mum has had to go back to hospital. Hope she recovers soon. Love your cute card...a gorgeous image and scene :)

Shirley N said...

Love this precious card Amy! Hope your mom's doing better!

RiNNE said...

the chickens are so cute and adorable!! great design and dimensions, amy!