Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Celebrate...

Hey there!

My card for today is for yet another sketch challenge. This time I'm playing along with the SOG monthly sketch and it sure is a fun one. I had these birthday type papers from the Party Day paper pad already pulled for a previous card but I ended up going super CAS with it so these ones didn't get used. I loved them though and thought that the sketch with it's cluster of banners would work really nicely with them. Sure, once I had the card put together, I could have chosen one of the birthday specific SOG images to go with it but something about the color scheme was really calling out for 1920's Gwen. I think it is pretty and kinda vintage/retro with the mix of red/mint/mustard so I just had to color Gwen up to match. All I can say is that I wish I looked as good as she does in a hat, LOL!

Okey dokey, time for me to get a move on. 
Laters!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Crate (Party Day)
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (1920's Gwen)
stamps- Papertrey Ink (stitches)
ink- Memento espresso truffle and Prima shabby tote ink
Crate Party day stickers
Kaiser Craft gems
EK Success gold pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R32, G000, BV02
eyes- E84, E87, BG000, 0
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55
clothes- R05, E07, E09, E93, E95, R02, E81, 0, G00, G02, G46, Y13, Y35, Y26, Y28, E84, E87

14 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

wow this is Beautiful!!! What a Wonderful Birthday card!! She is Gorgeous and those papers are Fabulous with her! Have an Awesome day doll!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

theCook said...

Love the colors... but I spent some time wondering what had happened to her eyelid. That vertical brown line seems out of place... I've just checked on the someoddgirl site, it's there on the stamp : too bad, I was liking it otherwise...

Marianne said...

Hehe, I look horrible in a hat, too! Such a fun card, also love the paper-pieced cupcake.
Marianne x

Chitra Nair said...

Such a gorgeous card.. Love your coloring..I am totally hooked to your blog..

Julie D. Richards said...

What a fab card. Love the birthday music paper. She does look very pretty in that hat, I wish I could wear a hat so well. Always love your coloring and the finished card. I don't know how you always do it just perfectly.

Rachel Parys said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors you used on her outfit! Great job! Thanks for joining the SOG challenge!

Kimberly S said...

Your cards are always so vintage and pretty! :) hugs, Kimberly

Danni said...

Perfect papers and image!! Amazing card!

Katie said...

This is adorable! I love those papers and your coloring is awesome :). Thanks so much for playing at Some Odd Girl!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

It is always such a treat to check out your SOG creations.. I am loving that BV on her skin.. so pretty! So happy you joined Some Odd Girl for this months sketch!!
Hugs,
Leah C

scrapn_momof2 said...

Gorgeous card!!

Time For Tea Designs said...

Really lovely Amy & fabulous colouring :) x

Unknown said...

Love the papers and the little touches of bling. Such a pretty card! Glad you joined us for the SOG sketch challenge. :-)

RiNNE said...

Such a beautiful card, Amy! Love the colors and patterns and that little cupcake! Thanks for playing along this month at SOG!