Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wonderful friend...

Hi Guys!

Sorry about my absence the last few days. I fell into a bit of a funk on Sunday and it carried into a loss of crafty mojo as well. It was the pits I tell ya, I had gotten some fun new things in the mail last week and not even they could entice me to get creative. I'm happy to report that things are a bit better now and I enjoyed some time in the craft room yesterday. :)

The card I made is for this week's review preview of the April Sweet November release. I chose to ink up Jilly and Emaline's Secret once again because I love how these two besties interact with each other. When it came time to choose some papers to go with them I actually found this card base that I had already glued the cute jar paper onto last summer but never got around to using. This seemed the perfect time to finally get it off my desk because how adorable do those mini Fairwees look with the large jars in the background? It was a lot of fun to then embellish each jar with random bits and bobs to add more color and texture. Yep, I think this one was just what I needed to help get my mojo back on track. 
Now don't forget to hop on over to the ATS blog and check out all the fab cards my fellow teamies have come up with.  And the April stamps can all be found here in the All That Scraps store.

Here's to wishing you a happy hump day. I'm off to get my hair trimmed up this morning... yeah! 
Laters!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan)
stamps- Sweet November (Jilly and Emaline's Secret), Simon Says Stamp (sentiment), Papertrey Ink (berry)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, Colorbox creamy brown, Tim Holtz crushed olive and worn lipstick distress
ribbon
Prima flower
Kaiser Craft pearl and gems
The Twinery twine
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
skin- E00, E21, E13, R20
hair- T5, T7, T9
hair- E50, E51, E53
clothes/wings- G000, G00, G02, R11, R21, R35, W2, W5, YG21, Y00, Y02, YR12, YR16, BG000

10 comments:

Larisa said...

It is adorable!!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is Super Cute!!!!The Fairwees are Adorable!!Love those Jars too!!I bought this cute jar stamp a few weeks ago at this scrapbook store thinking it would be perfect for the Fairwees but its like a hair shy of them fitting in it!! I was bummed! Oh well it is still cute!! Glad to see you back! Have an Awesome day doll! Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Chitra Nair said...

Beautiful card.. Love the DP, the jars are so cute..

grace said...

Oh my gosh!! This is super super cute!!!

Julie D. Richards said...

Hey girlfriend, so glad you're back. I was worried something was wrong with your mom. I really like those big jars with the fair-wees. So dang cute. Have a blast getting your hair done. Happy day to you. Hugs, Julie.

Leanne said...

Ahhh, i know how you feel about missing mojo.. Mine's been MIA for quite some time. I'm slowly getting back to crafting and hopefully hopping to blogs. Super cute card Amy! It's adorable and that card base was just waiting it's turn to become a fabulous card. Well done!
Have fun getting your hair done!
xx

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so sweet.

Juls said...

This is just beautiful!! Love the jars!! Hugs Juls xxx

scrapn_momof2 said...

This is just too sweet Amy!!

RiNNE said...

your fairies and dear lizzy are a great combo!!! love your coloring of their hair and tutu and everything else!!