Monday, April 8, 2013

Hello friend...

Hi-dee-ho stampareenos!

Well, the day started out pretty rainy yesterday so I ended up getting more stamping done than yard work. But the afternoon cleared up and it was nice to get outside for awhile. I love how green everything is getting... it's so pretty. :)

Ok, I know this makes for two TGF cards right in a row but when I got the new Wonderland Beans on Saturday I really wanted to ink one up. And what better reason than to participate in the Double Take Tuesday sketch challenge, so I'm getting this one in just under the wire.
Now in general I'm not a huge Alice in Wonderland fan... as a kid the cartoon just creeped me out and I've never been interested in re-visiting the story, whether it be books or the new movie, now that I'm an adult. But that didn't stop me from wanting these cute stamps and with a bit of simple altering I could easily make them more generic looking. Take Cheshire Bean here... all I had to do was wipe away her cat ears, paws, fangs, and whiskers with a baby wipe and connect the missing lines with a black copic multiliner pen. Now that she is out of her costume she is just a darling girlie with some fabulous hair, LOL! 

Arighty folks, I'm off to work. Thanks for popping by and saying hi, I'll talk at'cha again tomorrow. :)    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Autumn Leaves (Cute World), Scenic Route (red dot), Basic Grey (green)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Cheshire Bean), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Prima shabby tote
Autumn Leaves Cute World rub-ons
EK Success corner punch
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Simon Says Stamp speech bubble die
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, E31, E34, E57
clothes- R43, R83, R85, RV11, RV13, B0000, B02, YG0000, YG00, YG01, R22, R24, R29

10 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG she is totally adorable not as a cat!!! this is super duper cute! ah I am so jealous of your artsy ways! Your card is sooo Adorable! I don't mind seeing several TGF cards in a row. Seems like that's what I am up to lately with my Mother's Day card madness lately. Have an Awesome week doll!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Tina said...

So pretty card Amy!

Sonia said...

Good afternoon my dear, I'm back from a short holiday in the mountains^_^
This card is really wonderful, very beautiful image and colors used^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

gobeagirl said...

Good morning my friend. I am so with you and the whole Alice in Wonderland thing. lol... I do however think these little stamps are adorable and I so wish I would have been able to pick them up. I think you did a great job with this one. She is just so sweet and I love the papers and other elements that you put with her. Hope you have a great day at work. Hugs, Lisa

Julie D. Richards said...

I just love it when you alter an image, you're the queen of altering. I've never been an Alice in Wonderland fan either, too creepy. Have a great day Amy.

Danni said...

So super cute and sweet!! Love all the butterflies! :)

scrapn_momof2 said...

I saw this stamp over at TGF and thought, "oh how cute". Now I am thinking OMG, it's super cute and I need it!! Your card is so stinking cute.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

eva said...

this is so cute, i can't stand it!

Tress said...

So fantastic! I didn't care for the stamp as a Cheshire Cat. With your alterations, she's adorable! I love all that curly hair!