Thursday, March 31, 2016

As sweet as you...

Hi-dee-ho!

I've got something a little different to share today. There is still Copic coloring to be found on this card but not a single cute character stamp is in sight. Instead I recently got this fun cupcake set from Papertrey Ink and really wanted to make a simple but fun birthday card using one of the yummy little cakes. This one with its heap of frosting totally spoke to me and how can you go wrong with some chocolate on chocolate action? Mmmm... my mouth is watering just thinking about it, LOL! For the bit of background I masked off the cupcake and stamped some splotches in three different colors using the Distressed Patterns set from MFT. Then I just added a sprinkling of sequins in matching colors to finish off the card. I had a great time changing things up and stretching my creativity just a bit. :)

Talk at'cha later!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink vintage cream
stamps- Papertrey Ink (Baker's Dozen set and Just Desserts sentiment set), My Favorite Things (Distressed Patterns set)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Studio Calico lime light, sunny day and pink lemonade
Studio Calico and Doodlebug sequins
Copic markers:
E55, E47, E49, E35, E57, E59, YG21, YG03, YG95, R35, R29, R89, RV10, RV23, R85, V01

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh it's sooo Beautiful! !!!
Coloring is Perfect! !!! It does make one hungry! !!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Tracey Ann said...

Oh my... it looks like you could pick that right out of the picture and have a very yummy treat, starting with that cherry on top! Special background... inspiration!!

Julie D. Richards said...

Looks delicious.

Erica said...

Indeed it is different for you and shows your multi-faceted card-making talents. I love it.

Nikki said...

This is so pretty