Friday, January 26, 2018

One Great Day...

TGIF!

Back in December I participated in a 12 Days of Coloring challenge in the Some Odd Girl Facebook group and had a blast getting a head start on some fun images. Super Mae is the third character that I have gotten onto a card and just look at her soar! I didn't have a plan when I initially colored her up, I was just having fun with some bright and vibrant color combos. So when it came time to make the card yesterday I hemmed and hawed a bit on what to do. Ultimately I came across this skyline stamp from Whimsy and decided to create an ink blended background with it. I masked off a narrow strip of the card base before adding the color and stamping, then when I pulled the tape off I had a nice, clean cityscape popping against the white background. I fussy cut Mae then popped her on top and I love how she is bursting through the scene... so much energy!

Alrighty friends, I'm off to work. Have a wonderful weekend! 
Suply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Super Mae)
stamps- Whimsy Stamps (Christmas Scene Builder set), Simon Says Stamp (sentiment)
ink- Versafine onyx black, Studio Calico buttercup, clear blue, something blue and deja blue
Doodlebug star Sprinkles
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
eyes- B04, B28, BV29
lips- RV29
hair- BV02, BV04, BV08, BV29
costume- RV06, RV09, RV69, Y35, Y38, YR04, YR09, Y02, Y08, Y17, BG000, BG01

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is SUPER Awesome looking!!!! Have a Super weekend too!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Dotty Jo said...

I'm speechless with wonder at your colouring skills! Another amazing card Jo x

Danni said...

This is awesome! Love it!