Sunday, May 3, 2020

Just a note...

Hello friends!

I'm here on this fine Sunday to share the very happy news that I have been asked to stay on at Hello Bluebird as a full time design team member! Being such a huge fan of all their super cute stamps and dies I didn't hesitate to accept the invitation and am so excited to represent such an amazing company. 
For my first official DT card I thought it would be fun to create a sweet 'missing you' card using a couple of woodland critters that have each developed their own unique defense mechanisms which make them naturals at the whole social distancing thing. The skunk is from the older Spooky Spellers set and the hedgehog is from the new Little Painters set, though I did have to use a mirror stamp to flip him in the direction facing his friend. He also got a slight alteration when I used a baby wipe to wipe away the egg he is originally holding before stamping. This left a blank area that I could then turn into a small sign for him to hold. Mr. Hedgie is peeking through a stand of birch trees that I created by repeatedly stamping and masking the trees from the new Picked For You set. The messages on their signs were put together using the Just Sayin' set and the sentiment is part of the Rainy Day set but I really like how it ties back not just to the notes in their paws but the bright sunshine that I colored filtering through the tree trunks. The flowers, mushrooms and bee come from a mix of stamp sets that I have linked below in the supply list. Being the scene building card maker that I am, it is these great little accessory stamps that are included in all the sets that become the total icing on the cake! All in all, I am so pleased with how this card turned out and I hope it makes you smile too. :)

Hope your day is a crafty one!  
     

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Little Painters, Picked For You, Spooky Spellers, Storybook Friends, Pig Day, Fly a Kite, Rainy Day, Just Sayin' and Moose Friends), My Favorite Things (mirror stamps)
ink- Memento rich cocoa
My Favorite Things stitched border die
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
hedgie- E30, E31, E55, E57, E49, E79, E93
skunk- C00, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, C10, E93
signs- E40, E81, 0
sky- Y000, Y11, YR0000, YR00
trees- E40, E42, E43, W4, W6, W10, YG21, YG17, YG99
grass/hedge- YG01, YG03, YG25, YG63, G94, YG05, YG95, YG99, G43
mushrooms- E81, E84, R43, R46, E18, YR21, YR14, YR27
bee- Y02, Y18, Y26, G000
flowers- Y17, G20, YG67