Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Someone smiles...

Olo!
 
As I mentioned on Monday, the new MerMay release at Some Odd Girl just hit the shelves and I couldn't wait to color one of them up right away. Ponytail Mermaid was singing her siren song to me with that glorious mane of hair waving around her and I figured, why not color her Live? While I had a plan for the background on this one, it was fun to see where all the color suggestions took us on miss Ponytail. She's definitely rockin' a retro 80's, Lisa Frank kind of vibe which I think suits her perfectly. We also came up with a fun story for that message in the bottle that I added to the scene, as it became a way that Ponytail and her sailor love communicate with each other. Which then led to my choice of this sentiment because getting love notes surely puts a smile on faces.  
Alrighty, keep in mind that SOG will be hosting a MerMay challenge later this month, 12 days of coloring with a free digi reward to those who complete all 12 days... so fun!

Laters!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Ponytail Mermaid)
stamp- Simon Says Stamp (sentiment)
ink- Versafine onyx black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Ranger glossy accents
Copic markers:
sorry, I don't have the list but you can see the colors used here