Saturday, September 26, 2020

Nuts about you...

Happy Saturday friends!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog today with my first official blog post! New stamps are always exciting to add to our crafty stash. They bring with them new card ideas and fun new images to color. But I gotta say, the thing that gets me most excited whenever there is a new release is how I can 'mash up' my new stamps with older sets and breathe new life into those images. For my card today I really wanted to pair one of the darling fairies from the new Fairy Dance set with a happy squirrel from the older Oh Nuts set. This seated fairy was perfect because I knew she would look great resting on the branch watching her squirrel friend do a bit of a tight rope walk out there on the end of the limb.     

So I stamped them both first and masked them off before stamping the branch right over top. I also loaded up the branch with a bunch of acorns because I knew I wanted to use the Nuts About You sentiment from another classic Hello Bluebird set, Deer Friend. I placed all of that fairly high on my card front to help create the illusion that we are glimpsing them from up in a tree top. Then I stamped the ever versatile hillside from Storybook Friends in a lighter grey ink down towards the bottom of the card to help reinforce that perspective I was after. Once I pulled the masks away from the characters I was ready to color. Pretty fall hues of orange, brown and yellow accented with dusty blues and purples really captured the look of a lovely autumn afternoon. To finish off the card I framed the scene using the pinked edge of the Gallery Frame #3 die. I'm not sure why but pinked edges always remind me of fall as well so it seemed quite appropriate.

Alrighty then, enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay crafty my friends! 



Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
ink- Memento tuxedo black and london fog
Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame #3 die
Sharpie extra fine white paint pen 
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
sky- BG0000, BG70, BG72, BG10, 0
mountains- BV20, BV23, V20
landscape- Y11, Y21, YR23, E33, E35, YR24, Y35, YR27, E59, Y02, E97, E09, E31, E33, E35, E55, E57, E79
branch/acorns- E31, E55, E57, Y11, Y02, YR21, YR14, YR27
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E21, E23, E35, E29
dress/wings- YR31, YR24, YR27, Y17, YR15, YR18, V20
squirrel- W0, W1, W2, W4, W6, R000, R00, E04