Monday, October 26, 2020

Smell my feet...

Good morning!

This is it, the final week before Halloween. With so few days left it has been difficult narrowing down which Halloween stamps will get inked up this year and which ones will have to wait. These Snarky Cat Halloween stamps from Tim Holtz easily made the cut, probably because they are so different from what I'm usually drawn to. Seriously, I can't say that I own many Tim Holtz stamps but these crazy bug-eyed kitties totally spoke to me and I had to have them. The loose, sketchy line work of the images is really cool looking. Normally, I'm not a fan of having so much of a stamp already pre-shaded like that but because I knew I would be coloring them as black cats it kinda worked to my advantage. I took a cue from my own amber eyed black cats and really let those bright eyes 'pop' against all that black fur. There is just something about those darling, derpy expressions that I really wanted to highlight. I can just imagine these two up on a shelf in the ol' witch's cottage, knocking potion bottles over and getting into all sorts of trouble only to have the witch finally threaten to turn them into cockroaches or something... LOL!

Laters!    
 


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Tim Holtz Stamps (Snarky Cat Halloween)
 
ink- Memento tuxedo black

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Dr. Ph. Martin's bleed proof white
Copic markers:

shelf- E42, E43, E44, E47, E49

wall- YG91, YG93, YG95, E84, E87
cats- Y02, YR23, YR24, E59, T4, T5, T8, T10, 100, W3
pumpkin- YR21, YR24, YR27, E99, E89

mushrooms- E81, E84, E95, E97, E99, YR65, YR18

jar- C1, G00, BG75, BG78, YR68