Thursday, June 24, 2021

Drink up the sunshine...

Olo!

I've mentioned that this year I'm trying to be more mindful about inking up stamps in my crafty stash that haven't gotten any love yet. And can you believe this sweet sun bather from the BB Drink Up The Sunshine set at My Favorite Things is one of those? I swear a couple summers have come and gone where I keep meaning to get her on a card and it just never happened. When I finally got a chance to sit down and create yesterday I thought of this cutie immediately so I pulled her out as well as the BB Sunshine and Friendship set because I wanted to borrow the beach ball in that set. Now I didn't have a whole lot of time to get a card done so I decided to check out the newest sketch challenge over on the MFT blog and the clean and simple design was perfect and really inspired my direction for the background. While not a literal interpretation, I really liked the narrow vertical focus of the scene and rather than actual breaks at the bottom of the strip I used those spaces to color waves lapping against the shore. Narrowing the scope like this really saved me a lot of time coloring and I love how it looks, especially when I broke the frame with the sentiment stretching out beyond the confines of the scene. I can't tell you how much I love this card and I'm so happy I finally got little miss sunshine on a card of her own!  ;)

Have a good one!


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Copic X-Press It
stamps- My Favorite Things (BB Drink Up The Sunshine and BB Sunshine and Friendship)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Papertrey Ink buttercup
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, E33, E35, E44
bathing suit/drink- RV02, RV04, RV09, RV99, C1, C3, 0/E81, E43, E44, E47, RV10, Y02, YG25
sand- E50, E51, E53, E42, E43

water- BG10, BG11, BG53, BG57
sky- Y0000, Y000, Y00, Y11, Y13, Y18
floatie/beach ball- YG01, YG25, YG17, YG99, C0, C1, C2, C3, C5, V01, Y02, FY1, Y13, Y18

plumeria- Y02, Y18, YG01, YG25, YG17, RV10, W3, W4