Saturday, June 26, 2021

I wheelie like you...

 Hi there!

I'm very excited to be guesting for Sunny Studio today and I've got two fun cards to share using stamps and dies from from their latest release. First up is this crazy cute scene featuring the Happy Hamsters set. Seriously, who can resist a pudgy cheeked hamster, let alone four of them? Right away I knew that I wanted to color all four of them into a cohesive scene showing them hanging out together in their cage. One would be running like crazy on the exercise wheel that is included in the set but what to do with the others? That's when inspiration hit and I decided to try my hand at coloring them all into one of those plastic maze tunnel type set ups. To help sell the idea that they are inside the tube I stamped them up using the lighter Memento desert sand ink versus the Memento tuxedo black that I had used to stamp up the wheel and its occupant. You can especially see the difference this makes on the hamster peeking out up top. First I stamped him in desert sand using my Misti then inked up only his top half in tuxedo black, creating the illusion that his bottom half is obscured by the tube that I then colored over top. For extra contrast on the plastic tubing I brushed on Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White after my Copic coloring was complete. I also dabbed some around the feet of the running hamster to add to the motion and speed of the spinning wheel.    

 

For my second card I had a great time stamping and masking together a tropical beach scene using the Tiki Time set. Rather than have the sweet hula girl elephant dancing out front I thought it would be fun to have her tending bar at this beach front tiki bar instead. Her parrot patron looks quite pleased with the drink she has prepared. Because I also wanted to have those tiki torches blazing bright I ended up coloring in a rather dark sunset sky in the background, which also adds a lot of drama to the overall scene. The trade off for all that dynamic color is that it would be hard to stamp on one of the sentiments from the set and have it show up. Luckily for me I had the super cute Chloe Alphabet dies on hand which made adding a sentiment quick and easy. I really can't even tell you how much I love this playful font! In the end it was just what I needed to tie this card design all together. 

So thank you to Mendi from Sunny Studio for this chance to showcase a few of her darling stamp sets. I can't wait to see what else I can create with your fantastic images.  :) 


Hamster supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Sunny Studio (Happy Hamsters)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and desert sand
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White

Copic markers:
hamsters- E50, E51, E53, E31, E34, E44, E47, R000, R30, R21
tubes- YG00, YG01, YG03, YG25, YG17
wheel/sign- BG01, BG02, BG05, B06, B37

mulch- YR23, E33, E35, E44
peanuts/seeds- E43, E55, E57, Y21, Y26, E74
cage- C1, C3, C5

Tiki supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Sunny Studio (Tiki Time)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Sunny Studio Chloe Alphabet dies

Sharpie extra fine white pen
Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White

Copic markers:
sky- Y000, Y00, Y11, Y21, RV02, RV04, RV19, B69, B79, BV29
sea- B63, B66, B69, Y00
sand/leaves- Y21, E31, E33, E35, E43, E44/YG01, YG03, YG25, YG17, YG99

elephant- T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, R30, Y18, RV02, RV04, RV19, RV99
parrot- C00, C2, C3, C4, C10, RV04, RV19, RV99, BG01, BG05, BG07, YG01, YG25, YG17, YG99
torches- Y02, Y38, YR04, YR09, C2, C5, E81, E35, E74, E77, E79

drink- E43, E44, E47, YG25, BG02, BG05
hut- Y21, YR24, E33, E35, E43, E44, E47, E81, E55

0 comments: