Friday, June 3, 2022

You give the best hugs...

TGIF!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog today with a mash up of old and new stamps that center around a couple of cuties from the new Big Hugs Woodland set that was just released. Sure, the main stamp in this set is the big pile up of critters but this fox and raccoon charmed me from the start. I wanted to create a special space for them to call home so I began flipping through the rest of my Hello Bluebird stamps to see what I could piece together. I eventually grabbed the big billowing cloud from the Besties set and the stand of trees from the Picked For You set. I began building my scene by stamping and masking the pair of hugging critters, using Memento rich cocoa ink on Catherine Pooler card stock, then doing the same with the stand of trees both to the right and the left of the critters, framing them in nicely. I then masked the trees before inking up the Besties cloud in Studio Calico glass slipper ink, selectively wiping away any ink that got on the bottom of the stamp as I wanted to replace the original tulips with the flowers from the Big Hugs Woodland set instead. After stamping on the flowers I couldn't resist adding some cute tufts of grass that are in the set too. Once the scene was ready I began coloring everything in using Copic markers. My focus was to keep it as light and bright and airy as I could, which is why I left the bottom third of the card front white. It also balances the big, billowing cloud up top which is pleasing to the eye. The sentiment is also from the Big Hugs Woodland set and I heat embossed the small script in white onto a dark grey card stock that matched the bark texture I colored onto the birch trees. The 'hugs' script was stamped in Studio Calico sky blue ink and then cut out using the coordinating Big Hugs Woodland dies. I glued them both together and then used foam adhesive to give them a bit of a lift as a final finishing touch on my completed card.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a crafty weekend!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Big Hugs Woodland, Besties and Picked For You)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Versamark watermark and Studio Calico blue sky and glass slipper

Hero Arts detail white embossing powder

Hello Bluebird Big Hugs Woodland Coordinating dies

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Copic markers:
cloud/sky- BG0000, BG000, C0, BG10, BG72
trees- W1, W3, W7, E42, 0, YG21, YG25, YG17, YG67, BG96

ground- E30, E31, E43, E44, YG0000, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG23, YG63, G94, 0

flowers- B01, B14, Y18

raccoon- E41, E42, W1, W3, W4, W5, W6, W7, R30
fox- E40, E41, E42, R000, R30, YR21, YR14, E97, E99, E59

0 comments: