Friday, December 9, 2022

You're in my heart always...

TGIF my friends!  

I'm not usually part of the Friday posts on the Bellarific blog but today the design team is hosting a special tribute to Emily and we have also invited everyone in the Sistahood of Stamping Bella stamps to join in as well. We want to see the various social media outlets flooded with beautiful Bella cards. There is no specific theme, everyone is just creating from the heart.

As soon as this tribute was announced I knew that I wanted to create a card inspired by one of the most beautiful and emotionally powerful cards I've ever seen and it was made by Faye Wynn Jones. She used the lovely Curvy Girl Besties stamp for a "missing you" card and she left one of the besties un-colored. The impact of that simple lack of color has just always stuck with me and it seemed like the perfect way to capture the void that has been left behind with Emily's passing. Of course, I had to do my own take in the concept and I ended up altering the Curvy Girl by wiping the ink away from her original bun and drawing in Em's long wavy hair in it's place. I chose light blues with the hope that the colors would read as peaceful and serene while still tinged with some sadness. The sentiment was also altered because it originally says, "You're in my heart at Christmas and always" but I cut it apart to make it work for this occasion.    

Ok, I can't wait to go see all of the beautiful Bella cards being shared today and I hope you find time to do the same. :)

 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Stamping Bella (Curvy Girl Besties and sentiment), Purple Onion Designs (hearts)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Catherine Pooler it's a boy and Versamark watermark

Hero Arts detail white embossing powder

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sharpie extra fine white pen

Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

hair- E21, E23, E57, E79
clothes/flowers- B000, B00, B41, B52, B45, G40, G43, G46, BV20, BV02, V28
gone curvy- C0, C2, 0
shadow- W0, W2, E3, W4
background- B000, B00


2 comments:

Andre M. said...

Wonderful tribute for Emily!

Tina said...

You are absolutely right. The impact of that uncolored bestie hit me hard. Anyone who's ever lost a special someone will definitely get the feels. Beautiful tribute, Amy ❤️