Saturday, February 11, 2023

All you need is love...

Hello!

I'm up on the Bellariffic blog with one last Valentine’s Day card for this Scenic Saturday. My card today features the fun Mochi Donut Girl stamp as she attempts to sneak a delicious chocolate glazed donut from that pile of tempting pastries. I will not lie, I'm pretty sure I chose this particular stamp because I've been craving donuts all week, how's that for inspiration?! Things really started to come together when I found this great sentiment from the Chocolate Sentiments set. The love reference is just enough to make this card work as a Valentine while still being a bit cheeky with just a hint of snark.  The sentiment also influenced me to color all of the donuts as chocolate glazed (my favorites), though I did add some variety with the inclusion of both chocolate on chocolate and chocolate on vanilla, LOL. For the background I wanted something playful so I Googled 'donut shop' and searched through the images that came up. It didn't take long before a shop logo caught my eye and I used a similar color scheme and pop art style to decorate the wall behind this hungry Mochi Girl. Lucky for me I had a comic dot style stencil in my craft stash that really drove the look I was going for home perfectly. Considering how up close and personal the Mochi Girls are, it made sense to have that background be just as big and bold.

Ok, thanks for dropping by. I hope you feel the love this Valentine's Day or better yet, be treated to your favorite chocolate treat!

Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Copic X-Press It

stamps- Stamping Bella (Mochi Donut Girl and Chocolate Sentiment set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Papertrey Ink coffee bean
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

comic dots stencil
Ranger glossy accents

Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04

hair- E50, E42, E43, E53, E55

eyes- BG000, C2, B12, B45, B99

donuts- BV00, E50, E30, E31, E34, E35/E23, E25, E57, E49/E35, E57, E59, 0, E49

platter- C0, C2, C3, C4, W4

table- RV0000, RV000, RV00, RV10, RV11, RV32, 0

logo wall- G00, G02, BG34, BG18, E31, E57, RV13, RV14

 

0 comments: