Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Just bee-cause...

Hello, hello! 

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog again with a card that is a bit different from the ones I usually share. It still features all the things that make up my personal card making style; Copic coloring and stamping and masking the images into scenes. The only difference is that this time I chose to contain all of that to a narrow strip running down the side of the card rather than fill the entire card front. It didn't take me long to grab the adorable Bee Happy set to be the stars of this card but rather than pairing them with the berries and flowers included in their set I opted to pair them with the Flower Garden set instead. 

To start, I cut a strip of Copic X-Press It card stock to 1.75" wide by 5.5" tall so that vertically it runs the length of this A2 sized card. Next, I began stamping and masking the bees and flowers down the narrow strip using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. It was important to make sure that I let parts of the flowers and bees stamp off the sides so we only see portions of the petals or wings etc. This is visually more dynamic and appealing to the eye because it forces the viewers brain to envision the scene expanding beyond the confines of this narrow window into the colorful garden. Once I had used my Copic markers to color everything I matted the strip on dark brown card stock, leaving a narrow edge framing the scene on either side. The scene was then glued to a white card base. With all of that white space off to the side, I wanted to add a decorative sentiment that would really stand out. I thought it would be fun to stamp another bee on a scrap piece of Copic X-Press It card stock, then fussy cut and glue him outside of the flower garden. I also stamped one of the little flying trails that come in the Bee Happy set below the bee directly on the card base. Next I used the 'hello' die that comes in the Gallery Frame #1 die set to cut the word out of yellow card stock four times. Those four layers were then glued together to give the sentiment some height before I finally glued the whole thing to the card front as well. I then used the same brown card stock that I matted the scene with to stamp and heat emboss the rest of the sentiment on. The little strip was lifted using foam mounting tape so I could tuck a sequin partially beneath it for some added sparkle and shine. It's certainly a fun and happy card, with all of those bright colors all packed so closely together, yet it doesn't get too busy since I left some pace for the design to breathe. 

Well, I hope you like this take on a scene... stay crafty my friends!  

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink, My Favorite Things and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Bee Happy and Flower Garden)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Versamark watermark and Catherine Pooler chocolate cake

Hero Arts detail white embossing powder

Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame #1 die

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Studio Calico sequins

Copic markers:
sky- B000, B01, B02, YG01

bees- Y0000, Y000, Y11, Y21, Y26, R30, E25, E57, E49, W0, BG10
roses- RV00, RV10, RV21, RV14, RV34
small flowers- V000, V01, V12, V15, Y0000, Y02, Y18
leaves- YG03, YG17, YG95, YG97

berries- Y35, YR04, YR09, YG05, YG67, BG96

large flowers- RV52, RV63, RV55, RV66, Y13, Y15, E37, E89
med. flowers- RV000, RV00, RV02, RV34, Y15, Y18, E37, E89, E97

 

0 comments: