Friday, August 19, 2011

Move over Cinderella...

Hey guys!

Today I'm hittin' ya with another Halloween card that I had an absolute blast creating! You see, Spesch Designer Stamps just had a new release and as soon as I saw this Cinderella image I fell in love. And while I think she makes for a completely adorable pre-ball princess, my first thought was that she would be a totally awesome hip and modern looking little Halloween witch. So I just had to run with that idea. :)

I printed her out kinda big, about 5" tall so that I could really play and have fun coloring her up, plus I wanted her to be able to hold her own against the busy papers that I knew I wanted to pair with her. I loved giving her black lipstick and dark smoky eyeshadow around her big gorgeous eyes plus I couldn't resist a funky purple streak in the front of her hair. This is one stylin' witch I tell ya! And the only altering that I really did was fussy cut the glass slipper off of the broom handle... SO easy! Now it looks like she is ready to hop on that broom and join her ghost and crow friends for a flight across the moonlit sky... hope she stays out of trouble but something about that impish look on her face says otherwise. ;)

Well, thanks so much for stopping by today... I'm off to enjoy the sunshine and lake for awhile.
Oh and be sure to come back tomorrow because I've got something big to share... 1000 sheets big if ya know what I mean!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Authentique (Glowing)
digi stamp- Spesch (Cinderella)
Colorbox black pigment ink
Making Memories die cuts/sentiment/ghost sticker/felt crow
Martha Stewart epoxy potion bottle
Kaiser Craft pearl and gems
The Twinery twine
Sharpie white marker
Copic black multiliner pen .1
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, W1, W3, W5
hair- C5, C7, C9, 100, V06, V09, BV29
eyes- G07, G29
clothes- C5, C7, C9, YR04, YR09, E19, YR30, YR20, YR21
broom- E55, E57, E59, E79, Y15, Y21, Y26, YR23

32 comments:

Mary said...

Wow absolutely gorgeous!

♥Rach♥ said...

LOVE how you transformed her, her hair is just rockin' and I love the scene you've created, SO fun! I so need to get some twine.

chrilvian said...

woww
i love it
love the paper!
and ofcourse the coloring

Sudha said...

Wow gorgeous creation dear.

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy I love her and her purple steak. She is just adorable! I think she makes the perfect impish witch. I love, love your new avitar of yourself. So perfect with the big blue eyes. I love it. I have been thinking of something for my blog, but I wouldn't know the first thing on how to make it. lol.. Hope you have a great day off. I am off to work and then HELLO weekend! Hugs, Lisa

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Amy~
This card is super hot! You did her coloring so unique, luv her purple streak hair. Her hair is is just gorgeous, I'm still practicing yet to get mines to look like yours.... The entire layout of your card is only perfect, lovely papers too.
Anyhoo, have a great weekend!
I always look forward to your next creations...

Nancy Thomas said...

WOW!! She is gorgeous -love the purple streaked hair. Outstanding Amy!

Shazza said...

wow Amy, she looks amazing, brilliant colouring x

kadie said...

Adorable!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Awesome card Amy! I love the image and the colours. So gorgeous.

Shaela said...

LOVE this!! Cinderella is my most favorite fairy tale princess. I love how you turned her into a little witch - too cute!

donna mikasa said...

Ooooh! I LOVE her! Love her 'do, and the streak of purple, and the awesome papers, too! And let's not forget that crow...Perfectly bewitching!

Shirley N said...

Wow wow wow! Love this Amy, what a knock out--gorgeous card! Great papers, design and fab coloring. She's an absolute doll!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

Ohhh this is sooo adorable!!! Love how you colored her Oh So cool hair!
Hugs!
Heidi Brawley

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh My God....!!!!! This is amazing. I am totally and utterly blown away by this card. Wow. That is all I can say. Perfect.
mwah
Trace

Kylie said...

What a funky Cinderella! Your colouring is just awesome. Love it.

Hugs, xoxo

RiNNE said...

First of all, your Chibi is way cute, chica! Love it!! She looks like you!!

Second, I love this card!!! your coloring is so fabulous...her hair is so shiny and I swear her eyes look so real and piercing!! I love the papers from Authentique as well...you've put them altogether perfectly!

Third, if you're planning on selling, I'd love to buy it. Pls keep me in mind ;). If not, thanks so much for sharing your talents with us!!

Angie said...

I love this! Cinderella makes an awesome witch. I'm so ready to get into Halloween this year! Thanks for the inspiration.

Hlora said...

Very bright card! Love the papers a lot!!!

grandmalee said...

WOW! I was checking out your blog candy, and I had to comment on this electrifying card! Your coloring...over the top! Love the hair & color scheme, but those eyes are the bomb!!! The paper is perfect for this image! I see that you're working on enabling us all over to Spesch Designer Stamps!!! It's working!

Crafty Loops said...

Oh my word Amy this is so stunning. I LOVE the image. And the papers are gorgeous. Lee xx

Craftdee said...

This is a really great card (IMO anyway!!) Ticks all the boxes, CUTE image now you've gone and made me add yet another site to my list of late night visits (or more alarmingly late night purchases)!! Dee

Annette Allen said...

wow this card is amazing.. Love that stamp..
Halloween cards are just fun..
Thanks for sharing.

Kimberly said...

Oh my, i'm glad i popped over to enter your candy...i've become your newest follower and would love for you to visit mine...love love your design on this card, and your coloring is super fab....i've taken a peek at a few other posts and your amazing...great projects and i'll be back to visit...tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Shelby Goolsby said...

This is so darn cute Amy!! I love her funky style and what great papers and accessories..total cuteness!!

Lau W said...

Oh so wonderful, superb scene, and colouring is so perfect !
xxx

Sammi said...

oooh. wow!! I missed this before!! She looks AMAZING - GORGEOUS colouring - and she makes the perfect sassy little witch!! mmmm... think I'm going to have to use her on a Halloween card now! Love that paper and the crow too!
Sammi
xx

Leanne said...

HI Amy!
Wow!! Like wow!!! This is perfect! She's awesome here! Your coloring is crazy awesome! And the layout is so fun. Love that paper and the fun accents. She's beautiful! It's definitely Halloween!! TFS!

callyannc said...

I love the name of your card! I prefer her to Cinderella. Super cool spooky! TFS CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycretions.blogspot.com

SusanLotus said...

WOW! This card is fantastic! I love the background and details...

Tasha said...

WOW WOW WOW - absolutely knock your socks off stunning!
love tasha xx

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Wow. Love this awesome card. Love what you have done to cinderella. Brilliant idea. stunning card. I love the back ground paper and your colouring is perfect. I love the purple streak in her hair. Thanks for sharing

Hugs Julie