Wednesday, September 14, 2011

There's a new Oddie on the scene...

... just in time for Christmas! (Please scroll down for my Flutter By challenge post... thanks!)

Hiya folks!
Welcome back to another Some Odd Girl Christmas clear stamp release preview. If you're a SOG fan I'm sure that you already love Kaylee, Mae, Kody, Tia, Tobie and all the other fabulous characters to be found there. But today we've got something EXTRA special to share... there's a brand new SOG friend joining the club and this curly haired cutie is Gwen. Say hello Gwen. Hmmm... I wonder if she's a bit bashful, LOL!

This first peek is of the Holly Day Gwen mini set of clear stamps. The sentiment on my card is also one of the other stamps that comes with Gwen, which is great because it gives you everything you need to really finish off a card. I was totally inspired by her candy cane striped dress to make the card all about those wonderful Christmas sweets we love. So I pulled out some old Love, Elsie papers and they had just the vibe I was going for... kinda quirky but totally sweet, just like Gwen. :)
And as I was coloring her up I thought that considering it's a fact that all of the best sweets come with sprinkles she needed her own 'sprinkling' of freckles across that sweet face of hers. They make me smile every time I look at this card now.

Don't forget that you can pre-order any of the holiday stamps thru Friday at $1 off! AND all of the clear stamps are at a new price, same premium Clear Photopolymer Stamps, new price... awesome! So take a look-see at today's inspiration from the rest of the Odd Gals then head over to check it out! You'll be able to get a jump on that holiday crafting with some new versatile sets of clear crafty goodness!

Stay sweet everybody!Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/chipboard buttons- Love, Elsie (Noel)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Holly Day Gwen and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Maya Road ruffled crochet ribbon
Prima and Kaiser Craft pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica Glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E15, R00, R20, R14
hair- E95, E11, YR14, E07
eyes- YG41, YG45, G28
clothes- W00, E81, 0, R05, E07, E19, E34, E57, E59, BG10, BG23, BG53

33 comments:

chrilvian said...

oooooo she is adorable
great work amy

Crafty Loops said...

She is so cute and your card is lovely. The papers are so pretty, love the buttons. Lee xx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous gorgeous

Annette Allen said...

wow these cards just get better and better.... I love them all...

Juls said...

this is fabulous!!! Love the lace and the sprinkling of gems!! Hugs Juls

Hlora said...

Oh, I love these wide open eyes!! The girl is so cute!
Love the nice card too)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Amy, this card is so adorable and I just love how you make Gwen shine! :)

Larisa said...

Wow! Amy, you bright project is wonderful again! Love your cards!

Alina said...

Lovely lovelty card! So cheerful!

Nancy Thomas said...

You know if you used Ki I'm gonna love it (and you also know for sure that I have these papers too, right?). Love the ruffy edges - so pretty and festive.

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Amy-
Another stunner from SOG collection..Luv the way you colored Gwen with that peppermint flavor dress and her reddish hair color... she's adorable and all those embellies you used on your card!

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe your card is super adorable. love the papers you used on it too!
Hugs, heidi

AtStudioD said...

So LOVE this card. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! It's so fun and girly. I am so thankful I found you blog and even more thankful that you share all your creativity with us.

=)

x0, Damaris

Kerryn said...

That is such a gorgeous card with gorgeous colours and papers used!!
I couldn't help but think "wow look at the cankles on her!" lmao.

Pendra said...

She is adorable... love her beautiful face! Love all the colors!

Danni said...

Super cute! I like her as a red head! That little gingerbread is so cute!! Fun card!

SannaS said...

this is adorable!! love the image and your gorgeous coloring!! beautiful card!!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Елена said...

Очень милая, нежная и праздничная открытка. в ней есть настроение!
С теплом, Елена

Lou Mac said...

Amy, Amy, AMY!! I cannot express how much I LOVE YOUR WORK GIRL!!

Red hed Gwen is a sweetie! Love her red and white dress - she looks like a little candy cane!!

Your layout is delicious - love all of the gingerbread mean. That striped button is TOO CUTE and the different pearls dotted about are the perfect finishing touch.

I wanna stroke this card!

Much love!! xo

corryskaart said...

hoi amy
wat zijn je werkjes toch iedere keer weer zo mooi,geweldig leuk om naar te kijken
groetjes van corry

RiNNE said...

Eeeeeeeek!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Holly Day Gwen is one of my faves of the new release, and she's perfect w/ that Love, Elsie line. So, so awesome Amy!! I luuuuuuuurrrrvvvvee everything about it :).

SuiLan said...

Oh now this is super yummy. I love it!

Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome Amy, love this sweet girl!

Leah l'Orange said...

yes yes yes yes yes! the red hair and freckles! as soon as i saw Gwen, i pictured her like this! you've introduced her beautifully, Amy! i love the card, and you were bang on about the Love, Elsie papers! xo

gobeagirl said...

Amy she is just such an adorable redhead! I love the little freckles on her face. They just make her look so sweet. Your card for some reason reminds me of the game Candyland. Who doesn't love candyland? Hugs, Lisa

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh my word I love this Amy, every thing you touch turns to gold!

Iverova said...

Gorgeous! I love your work! I love this girl! She is so cute! Love! Love! Love!

Arabella said...

Gorgeous card Amy and I love those freckles!!! They suit her perfectly!

Arabella

Leanne said...

Hi Amy,
Aw, she's adorable especially with those sprinkles of freckles. Gorgeous card, love the papers and all the fun candies. hehe, Mr. Gingerbread Man is definitely decked out. Love it!
;)

Iverova said...

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh.. this is delightful, Amy! LOVE this card to pieces!! I love the sweet freckles on her face, and her candy cane dress... I need to get this set!! Thanks for the enabling, Amy! :) Hugs!!

Cindy H. said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love the candy cane dress on this sweet image and, as always, you're coloring is just awesome!

Zima said...

Cute card!