Thursday, May 16, 2013

Make a splash...

Hello again!

As promised yesterday, I played around and did the Bean alteration idea that was on my mind. Instead of using Shimmer Bean again I inked up Shiny Bean for the first time and have transformed her into... Sea Bean! Is darling as the Beans are as fairies, I really wanted to see one test the waters with a shimmery tail. It was as easy as wiping away her legs and wings before stamping and then printing out a scaled down Mer Ian digi so that I could swap out his tail and glue it onto my Shiny Sea Bean. I really had a blast putting her together and she needed a special card to call home.
The Farm Fresh Friday challenge is a 1-2-3 recipe to use 1 image, 2 embellishments, and 3 patterned papers. So I dug into my scraps until I found a fun mix to set the scene and used twine and my go-to gems for the two types of embellishments. I think Shiny Sea Bean with her ombre hair is having a wonderful time swimming with all those fishy friends. :)

Okey dokey, time for me to scoot my boot.
Later gators!     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Imaginisce (fish), KI Memories (stripe), My Mind's Eye (green)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Shiny Bean), Some Odd Girl (sentiment)
digital stamp- The Greeting Farm (Mer Ian)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Prima shabby tote, Autumn Leaves Manhattan Blue
The Twinery twine
Kaiser Craft gems
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, Y35, Y38, YR04, YR27, E09
clothes- RV42, R35, Y35, BG15
tail- BG11, BG15, BG18, YG0000, YG00, YG01

14 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG OMG......This is sooooooo Awesome!!!What an adorable concept and I totally LOVE your creation!! Fabulous work doll! Have an Awesome day!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Lau W said...

Oh gorgeous card, superb design !
xxx

Tress said...

Amy, she is sooooo adorable!!! Love your alteration! And again, her hair is amazing!

Julie D. Richards said...

The queen of image alterations strikes again. Fabulous card. Love her hair.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

What a fun idea! Love the cute fish paper, such a sweet card.

Rachel Parys said...

How smart!!! I love the body swap! She is a perfect mermaid! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

Danni said...

Very cute!

angelastiver said...

Your card is very cute! Love the alteration. how refreshing.

scrapn_momof2 said...

What a incredible altered design!!!! Love your card, it's adorable! I also made a mental note to look for that fishy paper, it's so cute.

Juls said...

fabulous!! Love how you have coloured her hair!! Hugs Juls

gobeagirl said...

You must let Marie know about this little gal! I think that your MerBean is awesome and I would so buy her is a heartbeat!!! Great card as always. I am almost halfway done with these invistations, RSVP cards and of course the reception after dinner cards. lol.. I am however going to take Thursday afternoon off from work and card making as it't my BDay and I want to be with the M&Ms and Jerry. :O) Hugs, Lisa

A Little Bit of Lovely said...

I absolutely adore your blog, you are so creative! I love what you did with this card you're the reason I ever bought mermaid anya! I cased this head swap (and gave credit to you of course) on my blog I would love it if you came by and had a look Mer Bean

CraftyPaws said...

Brilliant transformation! Love this idea!

Kate said...

So adoreable Amy! As usual, thanks so much for posting the colors! I would love to see some videos!!!! I love this stamp!!!