Friday, March 14, 2014

Find your happy...

Olo!

It's been beautiful and sunny in my neck of the woods this week, all the snow has melted off and I've been enjoying afternoon walks with my dog every day. Life is pretty darn good at the moment. :)

Another thing that recently made me very happy was the return of Sister Stamps to the CC Designs store. I was able to get a few that had been on my 'must have' list for quite a while, as well as some of their newer stamps like little Harumi here. My very first roommate freshman year of college was named Harumi. She was part of a student exchange program from Japan and I still remember her, so this stamp really takes me back and makes me smile. I created a simple scene for this Harumi to live in with some random scraps of pattern paper... I'm a sucker for cloud prints just for this reason, LOL.

Alrighty, time for me to get busy. Thanks for stopping by and TGIF everybody!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Glitz (clouds), Sweet Water (green), Dear Lizzy (green floral)
stamps- Sister Stamps (Harumi), Mama Elephant (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Prima shabby tote
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
American Crafts Knock Out border punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- T5, T7, T10
clothes- YG00, YG91, YG93, R11, R32, R35, E30, E31, E35

10 comments:

theCook said...

Adorable!

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe this is very cute!!! Love the DP!! Brooke says Thank you very much for her birthday mail!!!! She really loved the card!!!! She has no school today due to Spring Break starting. So on the way to our work she goes!! She had a great Bday and looking forward to her sleep over Saturday. Have a wonderful weekend! !
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Sara I. said...

Awww, love the little pearl-centered flower and Harumi is precious, too!! Adorable sentiment and is perfect for the scene you created! Hope you have a great weekend :)

Leanne said...

Awww sugoi! She looks right at home in your beautiful scene.
Glad you're enjoying some warmer weather now. The walks must be lovely. Have a great weekend!
^.^

Nikki said...

This is just so cute :)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful.

Islander Girl said...

so uber cute! Love it!

Unknown said...

Super cute card!

Julie D. Richards said...

This is wonderful Amy. I love how you used the paper to make it look like she's laying in the grass.

Jenny said...

Missed your SS cards.. so happy you made one with our new image!!! Lovely card!