Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Floating by...

Hey, hey, hey!

It's another bright, sunshiny day so I thought I would share another bright, sunshiny card with you all.  :)

This is one of the new stamps from the Sister Stamps summer release called, Kyana. I was lucky enough to win this cutie during the sneak peeks and I couldn't wait to get her on a card. She totally reminds me of my own childhood days spent at my grandparents pool, we always had these great animal blow up toys to ride around in. Awww... good times.  ;)
Anywho, I couldn't find any water looking paper that I loved so I pulled out the watercolor paper and a whole slew of blue Distress Inks to create my own background for Kyana to float in. Once that was dry I used some old Doodlebug alpha rub ons to create my own sentiment since I didn't have a stamp that said what I wanted. A small sprinkling of enamel dots and a googly eye on her floaty and I had a summer fun card all ready to go. 

Later gators!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
Strathmore watercolor paper
stamps- Sister Stamps (Kyana)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon, salty ocean, faded jeans, chipped sapphire
Doodlebug alpha rub ons
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
googly eye
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E55, E57, E59
swimsuit/floaty- B01, BG15, BG49, Y04, Y08, Y19, RV04, RV09, BG000

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Ohhhhh this is Super Cute! !!!! I love it! ! ! !
Hugs, Heidi

Jane said...

Love the watercolour background, perfect for this image!!

Leanne said...

oh love this one Amy! The pool looks awesome and Kyana is adorable in her bright dino.