Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Light up my heart...

Hi-ya! It is my turn to post over on the TGF blog today and I am sharing another card that I made using the Little Fairies set, which is currently back in stock for anyone who missed out the first go round.
With the exception of the sentiment, all I needed to create this magical scene was a variety of stamps from the Little Fairies set. The idea started with that cute acorn lantern that is included. I knew that I wanted this sweet fairy with her raised arms to be holding it, so I stamped the lantern first, masked it off, then stamped the fairy. Next I masked off the fairy and stamped the largest mushroom so that she would be perching atop it. Mask that mushroom, add a couple smaller ones to the scene, mask them off and then use a large cotton ball to rub on four different ink colors to create the dusky, night sky and ground. Once the inked background was done, I peeled off the masks and got down to coloring. By choosing high contrast color combos for the hair, dress and shrooms, plus the addition of some Y00 in the lightest areas, it really looks like her acorn lantern is glowing. With all the time and energy put into creating the scene, keeping the rest of the card design clean and simple seemed to be the best way to let it shine.  :)

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Papertrey Ink
Papertrey Ink luxe silver paper
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Little Fairies set), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Studio Calico true blue and deja blue, Hero Arts green and purple ombre
My Favorite Things double stitched rectangle die
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E000, E00, E21, E34, Y00
hair- RV04, RV09, RV19, RV69, R89, Y00
dress- BV02, BV04, BV29, Y00
wings- B52, Y00
mushrooms/lantern/glow- E43, E44, E47, E57, E81, E84, E87, E89, G99, Y000, Y11, Y13, Y18

5 comments:

Marianne said...

So sweet, Amy. Love the background.
Marianne x

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh I love this! !!!! Love her acirn lantern!!!! The colors are Fabulous! !!!♡♡♡♡♡
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Tracey Ann said...

She is so sweet standing on that mushroom with that beautiful background behind her! Love how the light from the lantern is reflecting on her!! Another favorite , Amy!

Jane said...

Oooh this is so cute, I adore the background, it really makes the image pop!!

Julie D. Richards said...

Oh wow, I love the background so much. Awesome card.