Thursday, March 23, 2017

Thinking of you...

Olo! 

I found myself in the mood to color up a portrait style image yesterday because I really just wanted to focus on some hair and skin coloring. So I got on the computer and scrolled through my digis until I came across this beauty from A Day For Daisies. She was a free digi that I got off the ADFD blog a couple years ago and I think her name is Buds in Her Hair, though I can't find her in the ADFD store. The Princess Leia style hair buns looked like a fun challenge to tackle. What a pretty little princess she became with her crown of flowers and I even added in a lacy ruff to hint at the fancy gown she must be wearing. I love the old Making Memories paper that I found in my stash, it really added to the fairy tale look that I was going for on this card. I'm so happy with how it all came together. :)

Laters! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories
digital stamp- A Day For Daisies (Buds in Her Hair)
stamp- Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa
My Favorite Things stitched scallop circle die
Papertrey Ink banner die
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, E04, R00, R20
hair- E53, E34, E57, E49
eyes- YG01, YG93, YG95, YG99, 110
flowers/dress/lips- R32, R35, YR30, YR31, E81, YG01, YG95

6 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Wowzers!!! That is Gorgeous!!!! Fabulous coloring!!!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Dotty Jo said...

Simply amazing colouring! Jo x

Juls said...

Wow!!! This is just stunning ... love the image & your colouring is amazing xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I know I left you a comment on Facebook Amy, but there's really nothing like having a comment left on your blog. I love it when I get visits to my blog, and this is just such a gorgeous piece. I wanted to let you know how much I love it! I'm your newest follower!! :) Stunning creation!!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Aileen said...

Ohh Amy this is truly stunning, love her hair and eyes and lips and the ruffle and the background paper and and everything. Ohhh you a so talented.

Tracey Ann said...

It just didn't seem possible that you could outdo yourself, Amy, as your artwork is always gorgeous and inspiring. But, this is absolutely stunning! Every detail, color choice, added enhancements... just can't stop gazing at her! Your talent knows no bounds, Amy!!! 💕