Thursday, August 24, 2017

Welcome little one...

Olo!

My cousin is expecting her first child in a couple months and I wanted to make a special card to go with her baby shower gift. Because they are already calling the new little guy their bear, I grabbed the Birthday Bears set and hopped on over to the MFT challenge blog to see what the new sketch was. It was definitely something I could work with, I just had to scoot the domed image piece to the left so that mama bear wasn't staring off the side of the card. I stamped mama and cub in desert sand ink so I could practice doing animal stamps in no-line and I fell like I've still got a lot of practice ahead of me to really nail the look but they will do. Next I decided to color in a mountainside of fall trees behind them since her baby is due in October. I'm pretty happy with it and I think it will put a smile on my cousin's face, which is all that really matters. :)

Later gators! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park 
stamps- My Favorite Things (Birthday Bears set), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento desert sand and espresso truffle
My Favorite Things stitched dome die
Memory Box stitched scallop border die
Studio Calico wood grain sequins
Copic markers:
bears- E42, E23, E25, E30, E31
grass- YG01, G43, G94
trees- Y17, YR16, R14, R39, E79
sky- B000