Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Friends that soar...

Olo!

I'm back with another guest designer post for Craftin' Desert Divas today. The super cute Doxie Duos stamp set is once again in the spotlight and this time I am playing around with one of the two winter/Christmas images included in the set. These two furry friends are decked out for the holidays and with the way they seem to be flying past us the lyrics, "dashing through the snow" came to my mind. So I wanted to challenge myself to create a simple scene that lent some movement to these two. To help achieve that look and really ground them into that snow bank I wiped away some of the ink on the little wiener dog's legs before stamping. By doing this it creates the illusion of that missing leg being down in the snow. Then I used a handful of light blue copics to create the snow flurry patterning behind them and rather than have it fill the entire card front I chose to concentrate it through the center of the card for more help with the movement. Once I had the dashing doxie and Santa kitty all colored up I used a light blue ink to stamp on the sentiment as well as a few extra snowflakes that are part of the set as well. To complete their race through the snow drifts I grabbed my handy dandy white Sharpie and dotted in a veritable snow storm around them. How cute is that?! :)
The Doxie Duos set along with the rest of the September release are now available in the Craftin' Desert Divas store so be sure to go check it out!

Later gators! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Craftin' Desert Divas (Doxie Duos)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Studio Calico ice ice baby
Ranger glossy accents
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
doxie- E53, E35, T5, T7, T10
kitty- W00, W1, T5, T7, 0 R30, E93, E04
clothes- R35, R39, R59, YG01, YG05, YG09, E41, E42, E43
sky/snow- BG10, B21, B41, B32, 0