Saturday, April 10, 2021

A fairy good friend...

Hello!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog today with a sweet friendship card full of fantasy and wonder. The recent background stamp release included three new 6x6 background scene stamps, all of which I am head over heels in love with. My style of coloring and card making centers around building scenes and telling stories with the stamps I am using, so these amazing backgrounds are must-haves in my collection. The card I am sharing today pairs the new Mushroom House background with sweet, little fairies from the Fairy Dance and Fairy Garden sets.  I knew from the start that my first card using the Mushroom House would be with these fairies so when it came time to create I grabbed my Memento rich cocoa ink pad and began stamping the fairies and bug into place. I then masked them off before positioning the large background on my Misti stamp platform and stamping it over top the fairies. I love that because I usually work on an A2 sized card front there is some versatility with the background stamps due to their larger size. Depending on how I position my paper beneath it I can get several different looks with just one stamp.  Then all I have to do is peel away the masking paper and start coloring.  I gotta say, there is something quite satisfying about peeling off that paper and revealing a completed scene... it just makes me happy. 

All that was left to do was grab my Copic markers and start coloring. Starting a large scene like this can sometimes feel overwhelming, you might not even know where to begin. My advice is to tackle the largest areas first, like the sky and grass. They are easy to color and once you have those spaces filled in the rest seems much more manageable. I actually colored this magical scene during a Facebook Live video the other day so if you would like to see my process and the marker colors used you can watch it come together here.

With the helpful color suggestions from my fellow card makers this turned into a magical friendship card that I simply adore.  So if you have been on the fence about coloring and creating scenes I highly recommend that you try one of these amazing background stamps and let them take all of the guess work out of the process and leave you with a card you will love too!

Stay crafty my friends. :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Mushroom House Background, Fairy Garden and Fairy Dance)
ink- Memento rich cocoa

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen

Copic markers:
Sorry, I didn't keep a list but you can see the colors used here