Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Long time, no see...

Hey guys!

You do not even know how much I have missed chatting with you all. My poor, neglected blog... tsk, tsk, tsk. But I'm here now to say hello and catch up a bit. So, how have you been? Kicking off summer in grand style I hope. 
I've actually been splitting my time between home and Seattle lately. Mom got moved to a hospital over there which makes for a 3 1/2 hour commute. No complaints from me though because I want to be there for her as much as I can. There is still no word on when she will get to come home as she is very sick but progress is being made. 

I'm hoping though that I will finally feel a bit more motivated to get into the crafty room during the times that I am home because the itch to create is coming back slowly but surely. I still can't promise something every day but hopefully there won't be anymore week long gaps around here. 
Today I pulled together a quick card for the Sweet November review preview over on the ATS blog. Tadpole Lily found her way back onto another card and I have quite the mix of scraps from various paper lines to go along with her. In my mind I was going for a 'just off the plane and enjoying the tropics' look with this one. Where can I sign up for one of those trips? ;)
Anywho, there are more Sweet November review preview cards to check out today from my fellow teamies so don't miss out on all of that fun!

I hope, I hope, I hope to chat at you again soon... promise! :)   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park (Paradise Beach), Simple Stories (100 Days of Summer)
stamps- Sweet November (Tadpole Lily), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
ribbon
American Crafts twine
Amy Tangerine die cut
Kaiser Craft gems
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E74, E77, E79
clothes- G000, G00, BG23, R14, R17, E07, Y38, YR04, YR18, YG00, YG01, YG03, Y11, Y35

22 comments:

Cindy H. said...

So glad to read that your mom is on the road to recovery. I'm sure it's baby steps but none-the-less making progress:) Hugs to you and your mom.

Love your sweet card, your beautiful coloring and that darling image.

scrapn_momof2 said...

Sending thoughts your way for continued progress in your Mom's recovery.

Adorable card. Love your coloring as always!

Lau W said...

Happy tto see you Amy :-)
Your card is superb, love vibrant colors of summer !
Hugs my friend to you and to your mum.

Nancy Thomas said...

I'm so happy to hear that your mom is making progress. That makes additional travel so worth it.Your card is so pretty and bright. I love the way you gave the towel a terrycloth feel.

Mette said...

Glad to see you back sweetie and that you are keeping up your good spirit. And it's great news about your mum and "a little" is better than none :).
Super sunny summer card. Love the happy feel of it and such super details.

Hugs, Mette

Unknown said...

Glad to know your mom is getting better.
Your card is adorable! :)
Big hugs.

kim.scrapper said...

Very sweet card, I really like it and glad to hear your Mom is a bit better. It is very hard when a loved one is sick and you are running back and forth from home to the hospital. Hope she feels a bit better each day.

Mimi said...

Hi Amy! So glad to hear your mom is getting better. The card is just adorable! and those colors are so cheerful! Have a great day! ;D

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Lucky for you, your "quick" cards are fabulous! lol. This is so cute, and I love how you used this paper. Sounds like you got your priorities right being with your mom, we will be here and stick by you while you are going through this difficult time and enjoy more posts when you have the time. :)

Heidi Brawley said...

OH this is GORGEOUS!!! Ya I would like one of those vacations too! You find one let me know doll!! lol I sent you an email today!!!! Love the bright colors on this cheery creation too. love also how you colored up her towel! too cute!!! Take care and God Bless you and your mom!!!
hugs, Heidi

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card sweetie ♥

Mary J said...

So gorgeous Amy - love how you did the rough edges!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful. I love the bright, cheerful colors.

Loz said...

love it Amy!! xx

Karla said...

Beautiful card!

MicheyMoo said...

Honey....your blog will keep - we'll all be here patiently waiting for your return, but these days and moments with your dear Mum are precious and that is soooo where you need to be right now. Doncha worry 'bout us sweet girl.

So, so glad to hear that she is improving, slowly but surely. Will definitely keep praying for both Mum and you.

And caaaaa-ute card too!! Your MoJo may not be at full strength, but when it pops up it's truly inspired!! xx

Lisa said...

Her hair is beautiful, and I love the effect on the towel.

Glad you're back!

Chingychao said...

Another beautiful card. I hope your mom is getting better each day.

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
This definitely speaks Summer! Cute scene and fabulous coloring!
Praying your mom gets better and that she is home soon. Take care and its really good to see you back if only for today.
;)

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
This definitely speaks Summer! Cute scene and fabulous coloring!
Praying your mom gets better and that she is home soon. Take care and its really good to see you back if only for today.
;)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Amy, love the fun bright colours and that sentiment is so fun, lov eit xxx

RiNNE said...

This is just fabulous! I love her towel and that airplane!