Friday, June 22, 2012

Shore do love you

Hello, hello...

Can you believe that I've had this little Beachy Beatrice colored up and ready to go for nearly a month now? She was actually colored during one of my hospital visits in Wenatchee before Mom got moved to Seattle. Then Beatrice just sat and waited forever before finally making it onto a card. At least she had some soft, white sand to relax on while she was kept waiting. ;)
So when I finally sat down to play I didn't actually choose summer themed papers to go with her. Instead I pulled from the Neapolitan pad and I think that the cool neutrals create a beachy look quite nicely. Then I embellished the card with a few shell shaped brads and decided that Beatrice needed a little sandpiper friend to keep her company and that wood veneer birdie was perfect after I added a bit of color with my Copics.

On a more personal note... Mom had surgery on Tuesday and had to be intubated again. Hopefully the doctors will be taking the tubes out today though. In the meantime she remains communicative and in relatively good spirits. It's going to be a long road to recovery but hopefully now we are finally and truly on our way to recovery.
So thanks for hanging in there with me through all of this. I'm still going to be away more often than not but when things settle back down I'll be back and better than ever. :)

Hugs!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan), Basic Grey (What's Up)
stamps- CC Designs (Beachy Beatrice), Kraftin Kimmie (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
Papertrey Ink twine
decorative brads
Studio Calico wood veneer bird
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, E31, E34
clothes- BG0000, BG10, BG11, BG18
scenery- E50, E51, B00, B02, E33, YR00, YR02

28 comments:

Lisa said...

Boy, she's a cutie! I love the subtle papers - they may not be technically summer papers, but they work perfectly when combined with Beatrice and her feathered friend.

Glad to hear your mom's on the road to recovery!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is very Adorable!!!!!I love it all. I haven't bought this cutie yet. I have been waiting for Bday money to roll in and hasn't happened yet. Great news about your mom! Yall will still be in my prayers. take care and God Bless!!
hugs, Heidi

Annie Rose said...

Gorgeous card. Such beautiful colors :)

Sending more happy healing thoughts your way!

Luvs,
Annie Rose

chrilvian said...

oooooo love it

Mette said...

Gorgeous card which puts a smile on my face - Oh yes, still raining here in the UK and the arc is not finished yet lol.
I am so glad that things are starting to go the right way for your mum. Bless her - having to go thro all the anxiety. Give her lots of virtual huggles and keep up your good spirit Amy :).

Hugs, Mette

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Great news about your mom. Praying for her to heal soon :)

scrapn_momof2 said...

How darling is she?!! Adorable card.

Unknown said...

Awww this is adorable Amy... nooo how could you let this sweetie wait for you so long :) she is a darling, love it xxx

Cindy H. said...

Love hearing the positive news about your mom. Keeping her in my thoughts.

Your card is so adorable and I like the soft neutral colors in the bg.

Jas said...

Love it Amy! So cute and the color combo that you used are perfect for the weather here in MA. right now because it is hot! I need some coolness here, love it as always!
Hugs,Jas

Nancy Thomas said...

One of the things I like at the beach is the fact that there are so many beautiful color combinations. Yours are the more soothing colors and they work perfectly with little miss B! Beautiful card.

I'm happy to hear that things are looking up for your mother. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Leanne said...

Awwww... This is sweet! The sift colors are gorgeous. Love the little scene and the bird is a perfect accent.
Very happy to hear your mom is in good spirits. Take care and have a nice weekend
*:)

Jenny said...

So very cute! Hang in there Amy... sounds like the worst is behind you. Hope your mom has a speedy recovery.

Evinrude said...

Ahh....love it. Such a cute card and with a little bird...nice touch!

Mimi said...

Amy, this is super sweet! Love the layout and the beach is beautiful!
Glad to hear things are getting better for your mom. Have a great weekend! ;D

Tina said...

What a cute little image and card. Love the little sandpiper too. So glad to hear things are improving for your Mom. Take care. Hugs, Tina

Sandra said...

I m happy to see a new card! this is so cute!!!
Take care of your mom!

Have a great weekend.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card.

I hope your mom gets better soon.

Cami said...

Now isn't this just a cute and sweet card! You've created a lovely beach scene and the colors of the DP go perfectly. Love all the embellishments you used!
I'm so glad that your Mom is on the road to recovery! This is great news.
Have a wonderful weekend Amy!

Tress said...

The soft colors are so lovely! And I really like just the hint of the water behind. Glad to read your mom is in good spirits and on a path to recovery!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

So sweet Amy!! I love the beautiful layout and such pretty papers too! :D

Shazza said...

so adorable x

Rosa Forino said...

ciao amy
un saluto veloce per dirti che non mi sono dimenticata di te a presto rosa

gobeagirl said...

Amy you have always amazed me with your cards, and I just have to tell you that I think this is my new all time favorite! She is so darn adorable and I love, love the colors that you have used on this. I was super happy to read your post and to see your card before I headed out the door this morning. What amazes me so much about you my friend, is that not only are you going through rough time this last month or more, but your are still able to be so concerned with all of us as well as still be able to make a card that is just this beautiful! I am happy to hear that your Mom came through her surgery with hopes that she is actually on the mend no matter how long that will take. I so wish that I could be there for you in person, or that I could do something to help out. Take care of yourself and give your Mom a hug for me. As always and it goes without saying "drive careful and stay safe". Hugs, Lisa

Arabella said...

This is adorable Amy! I love your design here! Glad to hear that things have a turned a corner for your mother!

Arabella

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so cute, love it

Craftdee said...

Too sweet... and you're so right; these colours are perfect "beach" colours, TFS, Donna ☺

RiNNE said...

Still praying for your mom, Amy! And that she pulls through soon. The card is beautiful. I love allthe embellies and your coloring is spectacular!