Monday, June 11, 2012

Never enough time...

Isn't that the truth.

Hey guys. I had every intention of posting a complete update today but there were some phone calls to deal with and what not so now my time for posting has slipped away. But I still wanted to get this card up here on the ol' blog before too much longer. 
So some things with mom are good, some not so much. There is a possibility that she may be moved to a hospital in Seattle later this week. Her pancreas isn't looking great and they want to stay on top of that. Which, on my most selfish level, will mean even less time for me here at home. But I need to be with my mom. So my best laid plans of hopefully going to every-other-day posts might be shot for just a little bit longer. 

I did manage to get this card done for the previews last week using the new Reading Rebecca stamp at ATS. I love, love, love this sassy little beach beauty... isn't she fab? Part of me wishes I could be her for just a minute or two, LOL. 

Well, I really should be getting ready for work. Hopefully I'll be back to chat at y'all again sooner rather than later. :)  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Bella Blvd, Fancy Pants and BoBunny
stamp- Mashi's Muffins (Reading Rebecca)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
My Favorite Things clouds dies
Sakura clear glaze pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R00, R20, BG10, RV25
eyes- YG21, YG95, YG99, BG000, 0
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes/towel- Y11, Y35, Y38, C00, C2, C3, C6, C8, Y38, YR04, YR18, W5, W0, W2

28 comments:

Larisa said...

It is very beautiful!! her eyes are fantastic!!! Great job!

Nancy Thomas said...

I loved your version when I saw it on the ATS blog last week. I especially love your eye work as well as the textured blanket. Cute sentiment too. You and your mom are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, cute image. hugs,moni

Heidi Brawley said...

your card is Beautiful. love how you colored the Beach Towel. I would love to be her right now too. Getting ready for work here also. Sending Prayers for your mom still. Take card and God Bless you too!
Hugs,Heidi & Brooke

Lau W said...

Aw just beautiful ! Love this pretty image, and love the sentiment !
Take care Amy !
xxx

gobeagirl said...

Amy your card is talking about my whole week off last week. I swear I had a great week and still I just didn't get all that I wanted done done. lol... I do love this newest stamp, she looks a little closer to what I look like on the beach. Of course I would never have a bikini on. lol... I'm more of a one piece kind of girl. Anyway my friend, I hope all goes great for you this week. I love your card and continue to be in Aww of you and your ability to even post a word at this point. Hugs, Lisa

Eline Jansens said...

Hahaha so true!!
wish i had more time to do nothing..
Love the sky background. I have a few similar papers and didn't know what to do with them until now =) Thx!

Dangina Martinez said...

Hey there Amy, Fun card. Praying for a speedy recovery.
Hugs, Dangina

Lisa said...

Super adorable! Her hair and eyes (and everything else, really) are so wonderfully done.

Maria Therese said...

You do have the coolest of sentiments! Fab card!!

Unknown said...

OMG AMy this is simply gorgeous, I loove that image, she is boootiful and so fun :D ... hey I'm back now, been away on hol with hubby after he removed the plaster .. trying to do some catching up :D Hugs xxx

Jas said...

Pretty cute card, Amy! Love the hair and her eyes :)TFS! Hugs, Jas

Tiffany Miller said...

Super cute card! Hope your mom gets better soon. Will miss your posts, but you need to be with your mom right know and we all understand that Family comes 1st!!! Hope your week is a good one.
Tiffany

scrapn_momof2 said...

First off, you and your mom will be in my thoughts.

Secondly, your card is adorable and I love the quote. I am a big Calvin and Hobbes fan!! Your coloring is always amazing!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute card Amy!! Thinking of your Mom.

Tina said...

Love that image and card. I agree, I wish I was her, for just a bit, too. Continuing with the thoughts and prayers... Hugs, Tina

kim.scrapper said...

Adorable card and I can certainly understand how you could wish to escape for a bit to relax on a beach to get away from your daily stresses. I hope your Mom gets some good news soon and family always comes before anything. You worry about your Mom and the blog will still be here later

Tress said...

Lol, love the card and the saying is perfect! I think it needs to be the mantra for us retirees here in SW Florida. Please do not worry about your blog. Your friends and followers will still be here when you have time to post. Sending extra prayers and good wishes for you and your mom!

Leanne said...

Yes, take care of your mom. We will all be here when you pop in to share. Hugs to her and to you and your family.
Saw ur card on the ATS blog and thought, o my she's super sassy! :)
Take care!!
;)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Hope your mum recovers swiftly amy xx Beautiful project and the sentiment seems so fitting :)

Laura said...

Hi Amy, how is your Mum doing? Hope she is getting better and recovers quickly.
Gorgeous card as always.
Laura xx

Cindy H. said...

Amy, the image is too cute and your card is adorable! Really love how you colored her hair, her eyes and her sunglasses!

Keeping your mom and you in my thoughts.

Cami said...

First of all Amy, your Mom is everything so take care of her and spend as much time you need with her. I'll keep you all in my heart and prayers. This card is so cute and her eyes are so mesmerizing! The sentiment is just too cute!

Cami

RiNNE said...

You gotta do what you gotta do , Amy. I hope Seattle takes good
Care of your mom. Lovely card! Very cute!

RiNNE said...

Accidentally hit done. The image is so adorable! I love her and her coloring!!!

Arabella said...

Fab card Amy! I hope things improve with your Mum soon. Sending happy thoughts your way!

Arabella

Loz said...

Gorgeous Amy!! your recent cards have been making me so much more over winter than I already was :)

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!
I'm praying for your mom's health, hope she gets well soon. Big hugs :)

Lovely card!