Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sweet November Spotlight on Erin!

Hello friends!

It's time to start previewing the new Sweet November stamps for June! But before we start catching some rays I want to shine the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on a fabulously fun paper crafter whom I actually first came across while watching YouTube videos. Please give a warm welcome to Erin New!

Erin isn't just a talented card maker, she is also an awesome scrapper and fabulous creator of altered home dec items... she's a real triple threat! ;)

As a stamper Erin colors beautifully with colored pencils and there is a playfulness and humor to much of her work which I adore. She is so full of creativity... in fact, it was Erin who inspired a couple of the new stamps that you will be seeing this week. Erin has also been quite the shopping enabler with her haul videos too. There have been a few different products she has tempted me to try out and she hasn't steered me wrong yet, LOL! I am just totally inspired by her in so many different ways and I'm excited to have Erin joining us for this release! :)

Now it's time for Erin to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which I always look forward to reading! 

1) What color do you feel represents your personality and why?
BLUE. First of all blue is my favorite color, but I feel it represents me in that it is calming. I've always been told I have a very calming voice (or maybe that's just my DH's excuse for falling asleep when I talk to him, LOL). And to me it's a very cheerful color, I have always been the type of person to try and lighten the mood and make people laugh.

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making? 
My card making style is actually very different from my clothing and home decor styles. When it comes to cards I like to use LOTS of color..the brighter the better! But for my wardrobe/home decor I go for more neutral colors with a little color here and there.



3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?

Definitely my hubby. I am a SAHM and sometimes when my kids have brought me to my wits end... the hubbs comes home and always makes me laugh and keeps a lighter mood about all the chaos.


4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be? 

This is a tough one... I'd like to say the Victorian Era simply because they had so many beautiful things LOL, but I think I'd have to pick the 1950s... it just seems like such a fun/innocent time.

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why? 
Fairy for sure. Just the thought of being really tiny and being able to fly around is awesome.

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with? 
I have actually never seen a single episode of Glee... I know shame on me. =)
Aww... we won't hold the Glee thing against you Erin. ;)

Take a look at the totally adorable Christmas card that Erin created featuring Snow Flurry Emaline. Her coloring is just fantastic and I love the slightly non-traditional color combo that she chose to use. The energy that the striped background lends to the over all design is really fantastic and the large circular frame creates a great white space that pops off the busy paper perfectly. For my CASE of Erin's card I chose to use Treasure Tempestwind and her pal Eddy.   I didn't stray too far from her overall design but I couldn't resist adding in a few more embellishments... what can I say, I'm addicted to pearls! And I'm hoping that those flowers look a bit like sea anemones. :)

Alrighty, so tomorrow Erin is joining Nancy, Marion,and myself and we will be kicking off the June Sweet November release previews! You won't want to miss sneak peek week both here and over on the ATS blog. As always there are chances to win all of the new goodies so don't miss out on the fun!

Toodles!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Creative Imaginations (blue text), KI Memories (blue)
stamps- Sweet November (Treasure Tempestwind and Eddy), Some Odd Girl (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Papertrey Ink twine
Kaiser Craft pearls
Prima flowers
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, YG00, YG01, RV55
eyes- B12, B16, B18
hair- E40, E41, E42, E43, E44
everything else- YG11, YG13, YG05, YG06, Y04, YG01, YG00, YG0000, YG09, V12, V15, V17, V06, V09, Y11, Y21, Y26, Y28
eddy- W0, W1, W3, W4, W8, R20

10 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

Your card is so cute. What a sweet little mermaid image!

Jas said...

Wow, awesome spotlight Erin! Love your card as always you inspired me...and I agree with Amy on everything she says about. You seem like a sweet gal and really happy to find you on YT as well! Love your card Amy, you ladies inspires me...glad to find you both! TFS, hugs, Jas

Arabella said...

How exciting! Gorgeous cards both of you! I'm off to check out Erin's haul videos!

Arabella

Leanne said...

Erin sounds like a lot of fun. Hehehe... Loved all of her answers. Two pretty cards today. Love both! Lookin fwd to the previews
Hope you're well...
;)

Leanne said...

Erin sounds like a lot of fun. Hehehe... Loved all of her answers. Two pretty cards today. Love both! Lookin fwd to the previews
Hope you're well...
;)

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE I Love your card!!!!!! It is Super Cute!!! The mermaids are my Fave Collection from Sweet November. So would be fun to be friends and swim with sea lions like that. lol lol!!!! Still have you on the prayer list!!God Bless and Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Yay new stamps! How exciting! Congrats to Erin - can't wit to see her lovely work. And these cards are beyond gorgeous too! :)

Loz said...

:) love the DH and calm voice comment. gorgeous creations

Hlora said...

Love the Mermaid's card a lot!!

RiNNE said...

Wonderful cards, ladies! Congrats, Erin!