Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thanks to you...

Hi guys!

When I sat down to create yesterday, I had a pair of new TGF stamps staring at me from my desk top. Cheeky Lessons in particular was working very hard to get my attention so I simply had to ink her up for my card. I altered her just a bit by wiping away her winking eye before stamping and then tracing in a different Cheeky's open right eye. Once she was looking all bright eyed and bushy tailed I decided to check out what challenges were going on this week to see if I could play along. The Farm Fresh Friday challenge is to use dies or punches and luckily I had just enough time to get a card entered into it.

Looking through my papers I came across the 9 to 5 paper pad which took me away from seeing Cheeky Lessons as a teacher and more as an office assistant ala Mad Men. So I ran with that idea and even found the perfect edger die to create the look of a file folder tab for my sentiment. If you can't tell, I had a ton of fun putting this entire scene together. :)

Okey dokey, time for me to skedaddle. 
Laters!  
 Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (9 to 5)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Lessons), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
October Afternoon 9 to 5 flower sack bits
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Papertrey Ink Edgers #5 die
My Favorite Things circle die
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, W1
eyes- E57, BG0000
hair- E21, E08, E09, E18
clothes- E81, W00, W1, W3, W5, T5, T8, T10

10 comments:

Trina said...

Those papers +that hair = love!!

Julie D. Richards said...

I would say you definitely had fun with this one. What a clever scene you put together with this card. Great card all around but I especially love her hair, gorgeous.

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this card is sooo Fun!!!! Love your new TGF stamp!!! I woke up late this morning!! Had no computer time while eating breakfast! But thought I would go to your blog really quick before lunch!!! Love the whole card!!
Hugs!! Heidi

Stephanie said...

So beautiful! I love how you used the papers to make a scene:)

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Your card is fabulous, love it!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is a fabulous card.

Bev said...

Fab card and absolutely love her hair. So glad you listed the colors. Thanks.

Tress said...

Wow! You nailed the Mad Men vibe! Fantastic card!

Anela's Creations said...

Wow! LOVE IT. It all goes well together. Thanks for sharing.

Anela's Creations said...

Wow! LOVE IT. It all goes well together. Thanks for sharing.