Friday, March 27, 2015

Happy Easter sweetie...

TGIF my friends!

I am so glad to have the day off today. It's been a busy couple of weeks and I have a lot of catching up to do around the house. And believe me when I say that the crafty room is going to be the biggest project of them all. I sound like such a broken record but it is in a dismal state and if I have any hope of doing any crafting in it next week it has to be cleaned and organized. Currently there is barely enough free space on my desk to even lay an A2 size card down and the floor is cluttered with stamp binders that I have gotten into and not put away... oy!

Anywho... of course I've got another Easter card to share today. It has been quite a while since I've played with a SOG image so I went in search of one that would work. I don't really have any of their Easter themed stamps so I knew I would have to get creative. Flipping through the digis I have printed out I came across Woodsy Mae and something about her got me excited. With the simple addition of an egg hidden behind the stump I could see Mae looking right at home on an Easter card. I pulled all my colors from one of my most favorite papers, Carta Bella's Cool Summer cloud print. Normally I use the cloud side of the paper but this time I changed things up a bit by using the chevron print on the B-side and then fussy cut a few of the clouds as embellishments instead. I really love how this all came together!  :)

Alrighty then, time to get busy cleaning and organizing. Wish me luck and I shall see ya on Monday!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Carta Bella (Cool Summer)
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Woodsy Mae)
Colorbox creamy brown ink
computer generated sentiment
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R32, BV20
hair- E50, E51, E53, YR31, E55
eyes- E84, E47
clothes- E30, E42, E43, R35, RV25, RV29, RV11, RV13, RV14, E44, E47, E49, BG53, BG57, BG18, Y35, Y38, E50, E81, 0, YG03, YG95
stump/ground/sky- E42, E43, E84, E87, YG00, YG03, YG17, B0000, B000, 0

6 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

Oh she's so pretty. So clever with the Easter egg. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs.

Leanne said...

Gorgeous card Amy!
Come play with us at Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday challenge, it's all about Easter. Have fun with the clean up and enjoy your weekend!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love the coloring and clouds! Your cards are always the best!

Georgene said...

It's so nice to have you back, Amy! I really missed you and your creativity! Always such beautiful cards!

Kate said...

Me too, had to get organized so I could have some elbow room again! Another very pretty card!